Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Has anyone noticed that when flying oceanic routes xEnviro no longer depicts correct winds aloft and cloud coverage? I've done a couple of flights over the Atlantic and Pacific oceans recently and noticed the sky is always clear and winds are not reported correctly.

Other than that absolutely been loving this product so far. It would be a shame if oceanic weather is not covered as it would limit my flying to only over the continents.

Has anyone noticed that when flying oceanic routes xEnviro no longer depicts correct winds aloft and cloud coverage? I've done a couple of flights over the Atlantic and Pacific oceans recently and noticed the sky is always clear and winds are not reported correctly.

Other than that absolutely been loving this product so far. It would be a shame if oceanic weather is not covered as it would limit my flying to only over the continents.

Not sure about the winds but the clouds look about right ! I live in LA so I was able to verify by looking outside !

DA-40_8.png

DA-40_41.png

Loving the sunsets ! I wish the clouds would reflect some of the fading colors of the sun ! It would be epic !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Not sure about the winds but the clouds look about right ! I live in LA so I was able to verify by looking outside !

DA-40_8.png

DA-40_41.png

Loving the sunsets ! I wish the clouds would reflect some of the fading colors of the sun ! It would be epic !

Awesome shots! Yes the weather depiction off coasts is great however I was referring to flying over open ocean. I noticed on several occasions that no weather was being depicted, but I may be wrong as I'm currently flying just north of the Solomon Islands in the Pacific enroute to RKSI and the cloud coverage looks really good right now.

mKvHoIy.jpg

I'm still a bit concerned about winds aloft over oceans as I should have a light headwind when I currently have a tailwind instead.

Curiosity: XP10 and XP11 have a stupid bug, sunset not exist, exist only dawn.  :unsure:

xEnviro correct this bug?

tSxBbK8.jpg

• Upvote 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

X-enviro does no longer relay on bitmaps as skytextures. It calculates the colors and gradients based on Perez Sky Model, wich is the industrie-standart among sgi-based renedring. It calculates colors and gradients according to daytime, season and your current location on the globe. If you change from alaska to panama you will clearly see the difference. What it does however, is calculate the colors less any disturbance like fog, haze etc. So without those properly inserted by the weather-engine, it may look oversaturated at times. But with XP11 new haze I think its very accurate. It may be further tweaked down the road, but its surely very innovative feature and not seen in any flightsim to date.

Marcel

• Upvote 3

It seems strange that xEnviro do not use sky textures.

There's only one way to find out:

- make backup old "sky_colors_clean.png" (x-plane/resource/bitmap/skycolors).

- download this special sky textures png (clic mouse DX, save image as...) and copy into x-plane/resource/bitmap/skycolors. (overwrite old texture)

sky_colors_clean.png

Now start x-plane with xenviro and observes the sky.
If you see the numbers in the sky means that xenviro to use sky textures.
Move the Sun (change time clock) and see if there are all numbers from 1 to 16.
If the numbers are from 1 to 8 xenviro it does not have the ability to adjust the x-plane bugs.
  • Upvote 1

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A

Then I can erase all sky textures from x-plane, and xEnviro works even?

It seems strange that xEnviro do not use sky textures.

There's only one way to find out: download this "special" sky textures png, and copy it into x-plane.

sky_colors_clean.png

Reading the description of the x enviro add on, they have stated that "xEnviro uses its own cloud and sky textures along with its own sound library", and the plugin adds light/atmospheric scattering and has sliders for Manual control of raleigh scattering and for the default xp fog/haze. If you remove sky textures from xplane, the sim will detect missing textures and will not load. X enviro will load only when you spawn your aircraft. But i noticed x enviro fixed sky jaggies from sun at dusk but not yet the moon. Keep in mind that xp 11 is still beta and the addon might not be optimised yet as xp is not yet a final product.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

But i noticed x enviro fixed sky jaggies from sun at dusk but not yet the moon.

In order to fix the Moon and proper daylight according to date and place on Earth, X-Plane 11 or any plugin has to allow for full date specification, like it is possible in MS FLIGHT, FSX, P3D, FlightGear, DCS World, IL.2 Battle of Stalingrad, ELITE PC ( within the current PC date year only in this case ).

XP10/11, Aerofly FS and FS2, Aerowinx PSX and other sims have some sort of a "generic year reference".... AEFS2 even has just a short set of months within that generic year as reference...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

In order to fix the Moon and proper daylight according to date and place on Earth, X-Plane 11 or any plugin has to allow for full date specification, like it is possible in MS FLIGHT, FSX, P3D, FlightGear, DCS World, IL.2 Battle of Stalingrad, ELITE PC ( within the current PC date year only in this case ).

XP10/11, Aerofly FS and FS2, Aerowinx PSX and other sims have some sort of a "generic year reference".... AEFS2 even has just a short set of months within that generic year as reference...

You just waited 43 pages to plug your pet peeve :D

• Upvote 6

Within 1.06 you can deselect the upper or the lower sky-dome and only then it will show the default xp-skytextures. The skytexture in the art folder of the plugin is an empty bitmap with an empty alpha-channel. Not sure if its a placeholder or used to mask the original skytextures. The sky-colors however are dynamically created / calculated.

You just waited 43 pages to plug your pet peeve :D

jcomm the UNINSTALLER / PETPEEVER :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Reading the description of the x enviro add on, they have stated that "xEnviro uses its own cloud and sky textures 

Ok then you have to put the "special sky texture" in the xenviro folder that contains the "his" sky textures.

Within 1.06 you can deselect the upper or the lower sky-dome and only then it will show the default xp-skytextures. The skytexture in the art folder of the plugin is an empty bitmap with an empty alpha-channel. Not sure if its a placeholder or used to mask the original skytextures. The sky-colors however are dynamically created / calculated.

Interesting.
Therefore xEnviro create dawn and sunset with different tones and colors between them?  :smile:

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A