Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

"How did you take those pictures?"

hm - XP11 - shift+space - (they are in the output folder) - opening with paint and saving them as .jpeg - then direct to directupload.net using orginal size but adapted to forum size ! I hope that´s ok ! the next time I´ll use postimage.org, I think that´s a better option !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I think I've figured it out :)

ldKlaC7.png

CrUKiDz.png

WayuQyv.png

• Upvote 2

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

XE I believe gets you free upgrades for the life of XP11 (correct me if I'm wrong please).

This is not correct. You get a lifetime LICENSE, not upgrades. They made this "clear" long ago, but it seems the word "lifetime" has been widely marketed.

The backstory is xEnviro was originally going to be subscription-like. They ultimately decided on a lifetime license, just like SMP and X-Plane itself...if they release a v2, your v1 will still work, but it does NOT entitle you to a free v2.

Was there any FL 300 screenshots?

Yes, a couple of the images in our latest SMP4 previews from yesterday were above 30k feet.

The problem with SMP is that ONLY cumulus clouds are depicted (most of the time), yes I know there are some type of stratus clouds, but I never seen them in the XP10 flying with real weather. so the shape and look are great with SMP

Quite a bit has been done to change this thought in SMP4.

• Upvote 1

Founder of X-Aviation

I've seen enough Twitch streams of Xenviro to know that I'd rather keep the 70 dollars in my wallet. Most people should know by now that you should wait for real user reviews rather than go off of the marketing video's that are put out by companies ;-) But if your happy with it then that's all good.

I can share few of them

Those shots look absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting! I also run X-Plane on 3 x 27 inch monitors. What is the performance impact of XEnviro with this resolution?

I've seen enough Twitch streams of Xenviro to know that I'd rather keep the 70 dollars in my wallet. Most people should know by now that you should wait for real user reviews rather than go off of the marketing video's that are put out by companies ;-) But if your happy with it then that's all good.

What are talking about? Most of the feedback (if not all) on this forum is provided by "normal" users. Maybe you should keep those accusations to yourself.

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Those shots look absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting! I also run X-Plane on 3 x 27 inch monitors. What is the performance impact of XEnviro with this resolution?

What are talking about? Most of the feedback (if not all) on this forum is provided by "normal" users. Maybe you should keep those accusations to yourself.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything just offering my opinion which I am entitled too and I will not keep them to myself thank you very much. Just look at aerosim gaming stream and you will see some nice pancake 2d sprite clouds , looks awful. 

And I use more sources for my information than this forum. You enjoy yourself now want you ;-)

• Upvote 2

2d sprite clouds

To be honest, I don't understand why people have such a huge problem with 2D cloud sprites. 2D clouds is exactly what we have in FSX for the last 10 years. And I would be more than happy to have a weather depiction in X-Plane equivalent to what is possible in FSX...
  • Upvote 6

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

you are welcome - I have not really a performance impact with xEnviro (FPS are the same with or without activated plugin) but I didn´t tested this in really heavy weather conditions - I have to chase a storm  :smile:  !

the second thing about 2D cloud sprites - yes that´s a "step" back - that´s a fact - but I think that will be changed in the future. there are always some differences between nice and realistic (and I prefer the second one). As long as the LR is is leaving X-Plane´s weather engine unmodified - ( this is about X-Plane 3, I think,  ok of course with some minor changes, and we had already this discussion, they have some own (strange) roadmap relating to this 10000000000times users or customers request  :-), I mean that´s ok, they know it better then I do ) - there will not be a possibility to enjoy nice, fast, realisic and "good" for "everyone" depiction of weather (and by the way that´s anyway not possible :smile: )

So I´m very happy that people like developers of xEnviro or SMP, FSRGW etc. are trying to bring us some good work around for this, I would almost say, "lacking" feature of XPlane.

And I would like to say, thank you !

Even if you see how big is the feedback about this "point of interest" (weather) in X-Plane I would think if I´m LR "wait people, before we decide to bring flushing toilets in the planes, I think it would be a good idea to rewrite the engine or the new SDK -  :smile:  it´s a joke, but I´m sure this is on the "to-do list" of LR and that will come sometime on the future roadmaps :wub: ) and in the meantime I´m enjoying what I have :dance: !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I think I've figured it out :)

Beautiful shots - first thing that comes to mind - looks REAL  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

To be honest, I don't understand why people have such a huge problem with 2D cloud sprites. 2D clouds is exactly what we have in FSX for the last 10 years. And I would be more than happy to have a weather depiction in X-Plane equivalent to what is possible in FSX...

Well, some of us have been on the X-Plane train for 10 years instead of FSX, and some of us have gotten used to volumetric clouds like the ones in the SkyMaxx add-on, that don't have an obvious billboard and low-res look when you get close. 

I understand why many people who fly tubeliners in the flight levels like what X-Enviro is doing. It's definitely a far more realistic look out to the horizon. Personally, I fly mostly below 15,000 ft. in bush planes and helicopters, ducking through mountain passes. I want my clouds nearby to look realistic, as well as the transitions in and out of those clouds.

The issue of 2D vs. 3D may become even more important for someone using VR. I don't use VR myself, but I'm sure I'll buy into it at some point.

Anyway, I might try X-Enviro when it's a little more mature and compare it to SMP. I'm open to new things, while we're all waiting for Laminar to get its act together and write a better weather system. X-Enviro will need manual adjustment however, and not just historical data, before it's practical for me. I won't let a pure injected weather program ground me when I want to fly. This may be another dividing line between light GA simmers and the folks who only fly heavies that can shrug off bad weather.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Well, some of us have been on the X-Plane train for 10 years instead of FSX, and some of us have gotten used to volumetric clouds like the ones in the SkyMaxx add-on, that don't have an obvious billboard and low-res look when you get close. 

I understand why many people who fly tubeliners in the flight levels like what X-Enviro is doing. It's definitely a far more realistic look out to the horizon. Personally, I fly mostly below 15,000 ft. in bush planes and helicopters, ducking through mountain passes. I want my clouds nearby to look realistic, as well as the transitions in and out of those clouds.

The issue of 2D vs. 3D may become even more important for someone using VR. I don't use VR myself, but I'm sure I'll buy into it at some point.

Anyway, I might try X-Enviro when it's a little more mature and compare it to SMP. I'm open to new things, while we're all waiting for Laminar to get its act together and write a better weather system. X-Enviro will need manual adjustment however, and not just historical data, before it's practical for me. I won't let a pure injected weather program ground me when I want to fly. This may be another dividing line between light GA simmers and the folks who only fly heavies that can shrug off bad weather.

Good points. I think you have a good point that it makes a difference if you fly heavies or GA. I can see how one can like SMP if you mainly fly GA. For flying heavies it just doesn't cut it. But let's wait for SMP v4.

I like flying low and slow, and the rotating clouds annoyed the hell out of me already in FSX.

Flying just below or in the clouds is completely unrealistic with that 2D system. 

It is going completely against Laminar's vision.

But I agree it can appeal to people coming from FSX, or flying tubeliners mainly. 

The screenshots of xEnviro are amazing, and I had high hopes, but seeing the movies is what killed it for me.

In some, the effect it is even worse then FSX defaults.

Well.

Being the collector of add-ons I have slowly turned into over the years of course I had to give in and get this one as well. Early days yet for me but I made a short flight out from ESSA heading north. Flew past the HMR VOR climbing up to about 25000 feet. I really liked the depiction of the overcast situation from up above. Flying up through the clouds I felt entombed in white for a while before I broke through to the sun above the clouds (I had set time of day to noon). Really nice!

Just north of HMR there is just about nothing but ocean and the clouds cleared in front of me. Now I felt like I just had to return to ESSA, passing through the clouds once again to see how it felt. I was impressed at this point in time.

But then (que dramatic music).

On my return I saw the runway lights through the dense clouds. A bit of a buzzkill. Then going through the clouds was over in about 0.1 seconds as this time around the clouds were razor thin. Huge dissapointment there I have to say.

As a whole I kind of like it though, and lets face it: the default clouds are so bad you almost want to stab your self. I mostly fly tubeliners and it looked gorgeous up at some alt. Hopefully it will get some updates. I'll probably get SMP v4 as well. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

This is over HUTO - Tororo Africa using different clouds and shader and a script with NOAA. Fps was bad 8 :)

Me_109_G6_1.png

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus