Sign in to follow this  

Captain Sim 707 CIVA/INS Install

Well here I am with another post about the the 707, anyways I know for a fact VORs were not the only form of navigation for the 707 or other older aircraft, it would not be feasible, this is why the INS was invented. Because I want to do some serious flights without completely relying on VORs I want to install the CIVA/INS for the Captain Sim 707 but despite seeing the manual, I still cannot fully understand how to install it. From what little evidence I can gather from the internet about the installation I must copy the CIVA/INS Panel.cfg and replace my 707 Panel.cfg with it, from doing that I am unable to access any 2D panels, and I am quite sure this method isn't even the correct one. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you follow the link I posted earlier to the CS B707 forum which talks about the installation of the Civa INS?

Do a search on Google "civa ins - the onlly thread please".  This will take you to the CS B707 forum which will describe everything you need to do to install the civa ins.  This is where I started when I added the civa ins.

There is also an AVSIM review on the CS B707 with information about the civa ins at http://www.avsim.com/pages/0611/CaptSim/707.html

I don't mind helping you install the CIVA INS, but I need to know where you are in the process.

It took me about ten minutes to install. 

blaustern

Okay I'm looking at the post right now and this is definitely what I am looking for it helps a lot, but I have a little question about copying the lines of code, there seem to be symbols with question marks, are those supposed to represent something else or do I include it within my panel.cfg  modification?

there seem to be symbols with question marks

Those are blank spaces.

If all else fails I will post the portion of my panel.cfg file that pertains to the civa ins.

It will have to be manana. :smile: 

blaustern

After editing the .cfg I went to try it out but no shift+ combination works, not even to adjust my view. This happened to me every time I tried to edit this cfg though but I am really unsure of why it is caused or how to fix it

After editing the .cfg I went to try it out but no shift+ combination works, not even to adjust my view. This happened to me every time I tried to edit this cfg though but I am really unsure of why it is caused or how to fix it

It should be attached to the Autopilot icon.

blaustern

On the Simicon list?

Oh I actually just got it to work, I had to press both shift buttons for some reason. Thank you very much for helping me with this!

Sign in to follow this