Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Sorry P3D

So, does X-Plane 11 deliver in the ATC and AI planes department?

and  don't  forget  about  orbx  and  rex  and  fdst  and ftampa  airports  that users  have

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So, does X-Plane 11 deliver in the ATC and AI planes department?

Ai planes look great and they are doing their thing as for atc not sure how to use it but there is videos on YT on how well it works well at least one - full flight - just havent had time to evaluate - from what I've seen it looks good and pretty simple to work with 

Rich Sennett

The same for me....After many years with P3D and ORBX....I am completely amazed about X PLANE 11.

Sorry P3D...

• Upvote 3

Even though I have been using X Plane since the beta came out and I think that it is a really good simulator with a lot of potential, I'm not just dropping P3D. I'll use both. Let's see the enthusiasm level with XP once P3D 64 bit comes out.

Even though I have been using X Plane since the beta came out and I think that it is a really good simulator with a lot of potential, I'm not just dropping P3D. I'll use both. Let's see the enthusiasm level with XP once P3D 64 bit comes out.

64-Bit isn't gonna change a thing, except cure OOMs. Game will still perform sluggishly and worse, the move to 64-Bit also means a lot of addons have to be upgraded. So let's see the enthusiasm when a good chunk of people's expensive addon library is wiped out.

• Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Haven't they said 64bit will be "coming soon" for the past 4 years?

• Upvote 1

How many P3D/FSX vs XP threads have accumulated in this forum since 2011? :D

As you may know, I do a lot of XP stuff both commercially and personal.

However, a few days after XP11's beta release I installed P3D with OrbX Global/Vector/LC plus various airports, doing a lot of flights in that. It's very beautiful. Yesterday I did a flight in X-Plane 11 again - I was overwhelmed by the fluidity of everything (had 40 FPS in both sims, but still lagging instrument animations in P3D). Then back to another flight in P3D.

In the end, no sim is as I'd like to have it. In XP I miss OrbX regions (and no, HD Mesh is not a real replacement, it is generic), the AI, the weather, the seasons. In P3D I miss the stability, the fluidity, the lighting.

ATM I prefer P3D for my spare time, but this has other reasons (amongst them that in P3D I am just a user, nothing more, and this is relieving.)

• Upvote 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I believe more developers will progressively turn their attention into X-Plane, finally, and at a pace that was not seen before with XP9 and then XP10.

There are IMH mandatory areas to fine tune, and LR knows exactly what these are, and there are at least two study aircraft at the level of FSLabs fo FSX - LES SaaB 340 and iXEG 737, and one at the PMDG level - their own DC-6...  For the GA, I like the Airfoilabs C172 and am looking fwd for the January compatibility update ( XP10 has long been erased from my disk and backups, so I am not going to use the iterim update soon to be released for XP10 ), but I also like the VFlyteair Piper and Cirrus ( don't own them but have seen many videos and positive reviews ) as well as the Carenados specially with the add-on that turns some of them into RealAir and A2A-like products. Today's announcement of X-Enviro is very promising and.... I really llok forward for the Citation 500 that has long been in the Oven and LES !

Yesterday I picked the MD-80 for a short hop around LPPT, and although the autogen in Lisbon looks ridiculous, the density is acceptable, the roads are there and I didn't have to pay a little fortune in expensive add-ons like those that exist for FSX / P3D ). The experience was very good, and this is just a default aircraft, but it is beautifully designed, I couldn't ask for more in that area!

X-Plane 11 is here to stay and although I had told some of you I might probably skip this release, I couldn't resist the demo. It is more than evident that X-Plane 11 is now the major player, the reference, probably for the first time in the recent history of civil flight simulation.

ATM I prefer P3D for my spare time, but this has other reasons (amongst them that in P3D I am just a user, nothing more, and this is relieving.)

Very good Mario.

You should also try AEFS2, but it's a big D/L and has still very few funtionality - yet promising!

But I can understand so well your point of ending up feeling that using anothetr sim you're not a developer on is a kind of reliefe, and brings you less 2nd thoughts.

Your development on the GA side is excellent, I must say, but that means you had to deal with the intricacies of having to code it in XP10 to cope with the base limitations, but that will happen for sure to those developing for any other platform :-)

I am putting some big expectations in XP11 :-)))

• Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yup I'm out - blown away by X-Plane 11 its so what I have been waiting for combined with Xenviro WOW - I am so happy right now  

No more nonsense so officially X-Plane 11 will only reside on my HD  - most realistic experience that I thought wasn't achievable

Huge thanks to all the help from the X-Plane guys to get me up and running

Welcome Richard, another one who has come over to the dark side  :smile:

As others have said, don't be too hasty removing P3D. You are still in the honeymoon period and XP11 and the addons are still playing catch-up. I've seen it all too often on these forums where new users are extremely enthusiastic with the new sim but soon start to miss their addons and end up putting XP to the side. If you can find all the addons and aircraft you need, then you won't look back.

It's actually pretty incredible. It's only an early beta, but the X-Plane forums and AVSim screenshot section have never been so busy. 

Haven't they said 64bit will be "coming soon" for the past 4 years?

My guess is the next major version will be 64-bit, and yes people are in for a shock when they will need to buy their aircraft again. 

In the end, no sim is as I'd like to have it. In XP I miss OrbX regions (and no, HD Mesh is not a real replacement, it is generic), the AI, the weather, the seasons. In P3D I miss the stability, the fluidity, the lighting.

+1. ORBX is actually the only thing that keeps me firing up FSX every so often. 

• Upvote 2