Sign in to follow this  
flemon

P3D Reinstalling Queries

Hi

I'm going to do a reinstall of P3D (I'm on P3D V3.2 right now) onto a new SSD that I just bought and I just wanted to ask a few questions because the whole thing is making me a bit nervous given the amount of stuff that can go wrong!

The addons I have installed are:  

AS A320

Active Sky Next

UK2000 EGKK

Taxi2Gate EDDM

2 ORBX Freeware Airports

FSUIPC Unregistered

I'm planning to do the reinstall in a few days time, so I was just checking the files and all the documents just to get an idea of what I will do on the day. But when I read about how to completely uninstall P3D so that you can reinstall it, I got confused by the fact it said uninstall P3D using Windows Programs and Features application. What is the point of the setup.exe in the P3D folder then?

I had the same problem with UK2000 as well, there was an uninstaller in the folder yet it said to remove the files via the Programs and Features. Also, there is a UK2000 Gatwick Extreme Original and a Retextured folder. Uninstall both?

Regarding the Airbus and ASN, what should I do here. Use the uninstaller or the Windows one?

With Taxi2Gate and the ORBX  airports, I'll obviously remove them from the scenery library, as well as the UK2000 one, and then should I use the Windows uninstaller?

It's all a bit confusing with two different uninstallers. Any help would be hhuuugggeellllyyy appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Flemon

Hello Flemon,

You can Uninstall Prepar3D using either the Control Panel "Programs and Features"  Or running the Setup.exe inside your Prepar3D download folder and Clicking the Option to Uninstall both methods will have the same result 

To Uninstall Prepar3D v3 ---) http://www.avsim.com/topic/494936-uninstalling-prepar3d-v3/

==========

You have a small amount of 3rd Party Software (Add On's) Installed which makes it pretty easy to do.  

You will get Opinions and "Work arounds" on how to Move\Paste folders from 1 location to the other so you don't have to Uninstall your Add On's,  This is fine if you know what you are doing.  

As you have a small amount of Add On's, For best results and easy of mind Uninstall all your Add On's in your Control Panel "Programs and Features"

Restart your computer 

===========

Downloading and Installing PreparD v3  (Hints & Tips) ---) http://www.avsim.com/topic/494935-downloading-and-installing-prepar3d-v3/

• Upvote 1

I just did the same thing.  I have a fairly high number of addons but it wasn't that bad.  All I have to do is install the rest of my scenery and configure FSUIPC before playing with the settings and I'll be good to go.  What I did was the following:

Unplug the HDD and plug in the SSD and install the OS on the SSD

Plug back in the HDD and back up whatever I need.  I also took a photo of my P3D scenery library page to make sure I don't forget anything

Format my HDD and use it for storage

Start reinstalling everything

I'm not sure if you're moving your OS to your SSD but that's what I did.  I didn't even uninstall anything and everything worked just fine on the new drive.  The SSD is a great choice.  The load times are reduced by a ton so now when I'm installing new scenery or playing with settings I don't have to wait forever for P3D to load evertime I need to boot it up.

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I'm not sure if you're moving your OS to your SSD but that's what I did.  I didn't even uninstall anything and everything worked just fine on the new drive.  The SSD is a great choice.  The load times are reduced by a ton so now when I'm installing new scenery or playing with settings I don't have to wait forever for P3D to load evertime I need to boot it up.

I'm moving P3D to a new SSD and keeping my OS on my other SSD.

Thanks for your positive comment. It gives me great hope!

One more thing:

Do I delete the P3D folder that I extracted when I first downloaded it? That is the one with the setup.exe in it. So should I redownload this folder from the website?

Thanks

Hello

Just to confirm.........

So should I redownload this folder from the website?

You want to Reinstall V 3.2 Yes ?  If you download a fresh copy from the Prepar3D website you will be downloading the current and only version of v3 available for download,  Prepar3D v 3.4.(14.18870)

Do I delete the P3D folder that I extracted when I first downloaded it

Do you still have the Original Zipped copy of Prepar3D v 3.2 ?  If so, Extract this Zipped copy using 7zip or WinZip (All in the link above) and use this.   If not, You can still use Your "Already Extracted" copy of v 3.2 no problem. 

Always keep a back-up of your Prepar3D Versions (At least one of them)  Personally I keep all Versions the Extracted and Zipped copy's.  If you only want to keep one,  Keep the Zipped Copy 

Ok, thanks very much. I must have deleted the Zipped copy by accident, so I will just stay with the unzipped copy.

Thanks a lot for the help!