Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] Water reflections various problems

I was wondering if everyone is seeing what I am seeing.

1. Water reflections turning on and off and on and off all the time (like twice a second). This isn't always the case but very often,

2. Water reflections being detached from the shore or looking out of place. Happens sometimes.

3. Water reflections being very bright of color from a great distance. I've only seen that a few times though.

Number 1 is quite annoying when you are flying close to water all the time. :wink:

Hello Jeroen,Is this problem in XP-10 or 11?

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Would be XP11 - keep in mind just beta so I would expect quite a few things will be much better so I would wait until that time arrives Jeroen  :wink:

Rich Sennett

One of the things I really liked in XPX was the how the lights from a bridge (for instance) reflected in the water. In XP11 the reflections seem much more diffuse, and while its not bad, to me its a slight downgrade from the old depiction.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sorry, my bad, this is XP11.

EDIT

I will add [XP11] to my topic titles from now on! Seems like a good plan.

1. Water reflections turning on and off and on and off all the time (like twice a second). This isn't always the case but very often,

Yes. And I assume this is a known bug (at least I have reported it at beta 5).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

wave height and direction ?

Er...?

Yes. And I assume this is a known bug (at least I have reported it at beta 5).

Ok, cool, thanks. Glad to know I am not the only one and it's not my PC that's doing weird things.

Er...?

Wave height and direction are part of the weather settings. He wants to know if the reflection issues only occur under certain wave heights and directions, or always.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Wave height and direction are part of the weather settings. He wants to know if the reflection issues only occur under certain wave heights and directions, or always.

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation. I haven't looked at that yet (didn't even know you could do that). The next time I see this happening I will see if I can change those settings and if it will make a difference.

Seeing all the above, and hope these will be fixed soon'ish.

I also hope they seperate reflection options, so you can turn on/off AC/terrain/Autogen etcetera. More graphics options please LR.

I also hope they seperate reflection options, so you can turn on/off AC/terrain/Autogen etcetera. More graphics options please LR.

Not necessary at the moment. Most reflection settings only influence the plane in .0 .

Not necessary at the moment. Most reflection settings only influence the plane in .0 .

And water. These things need seperate control. And just more options in general.

This really needs to happen.