Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] Water reflections various problems

And water. These things need seperate control. And just more options in general.

This really needs to happen.

You shouldn´t try to tell a developer, what he has to do, as long as you don´t know the code he is working on. I deon´t think that the normal reflections and water reflections are even using the same codebase at the moment. I think this is all work in progress and I wouldn´t be surprised if such problems migtht be a thing for the whole X-Plane 11 run.

You shouldn´t try to tell a developer, what he has to do, as long as you don´t know the code he is working on.

Well, you often have a very technical point of view on these things, not a user-centered view. So I see why you say this.

But although in the end it's the developer who decides and follows a goal (hopefully...), of course users should tell developers what their (the user's) needs are. At least when a developer develops FOR the users, not for developers.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Water right now seems a WIP, at least I hope that because XPX was better at medium long distance, now that repetitive texture pattern is quite annoying.

Maybe in full motion the rendition will sharply change.

But although in the end it's the developer who decides and follows a goal (hopefully...), of course users should tell developers what their (the user's) needs are. At least when a developer develops FOR the users, not for developers.

Well, they can try to tell it to the devoper, but I can guarantee, that they won´t listen to such complaints, due to one simple reason.

The support would kill them, if they would add controls, that can totally break the system. And I think this is exactly the problem in these codes. They are far from unified and stable, so any kind of additional user control would become a support nightmare.

Or why do you think that they limited the user settings so much in the beta.

They had in fact this problem in X-Plane 10. We had extremly complex cloud settings. We were able to get really beutiful clouds out of it, but it was ridiculously complex. And when they changed the controls the clouds became a prodlem.

Well, they can try to tell it to the devoper, but I can guarantee, that they won´t listen to such complaints, due to one simple reason.

The support would kill them, if they would add controls, that can totally gbrerak the system. And I think this is exactly the problem in these codes. They are far from unified and stable, so any kind of additional user control would become a support nightmare.

Or why do you think that they limited the user settings so much in the beta.

They had in fact this problem in X-Plane 10. We had extremly complex cloud settings. We were able to get really beutiful clouds out of it, but it was ridiculously complex. And when they changed the controls the clouds became a prodlem.

I understand everything you write here, and from a developer's and customer service's point of view it's understandable -- I should know due to my jobs.

But still successful computer usage is not a one-way road, and one should never tell users "you can try, but will be ignored anyway". (Insert here advertisement for my PhD thesis on that topic :Tounge:  ).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

But still successful computer usage is not a one-way road, and one should never tell users "you can try, but will be ignored anyway". (Insert here advertisement for my PhD thesis on that topic :Tounge:  ).

Well, you have a slight problem with Laminar in this matter. In normal companies this is an important feature of the support. Protect the developer from useless garbage, that doesn´t help anyone. The support has to answer in a way to give the customer the feeling, that they do listen, while they take care that the devloper doesn´t even have to think about it.

Users and even support members often think that they have an idea where the problem is, but these ideas can cost in the end a lot of time, since they don´t really know how the code works. Every sensible developer learsn in the long run which requests have to be dropped. In X-Plane 10 we had a reflection and shadow control systems, that didn´t really had usefull code behind it.

My opinion: 

Xp10 water, vote 10.   :db:

Xp11 water, vote 4.  :nea:

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Xp11 water, vote 4. :nea:

From the air 4/10

On the water 9/10

The closer you get the better it looks. Sit on the surface in a float plane and it looks glorious. But being a flight sim most will only see it from some altitude :wink:

From the air 4/10

On the water 9/10

The closer you get the better it looks. Sit on the surface in a float plane and it looks glorious. But being a flight sim most will only see it from some altitude :wink:

Now that's strange, I get the opposite feeling compared to you two. In terms of colors and general appearence, I like it a lot more when flying high (compared to XP10), but less when close to the water. Although I have to say the repeating pattern is more evident from altitude, compared to XP10.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

XP11 beta water is not ready in my opinion water, but though gpu/cpu intensive at medium reflection settings it does look nicer then xp10 water when it reflects (from sun or mountains)...definitely needs 3d waves and movements and fps optimization. But when it does not reflect which is most of time it does look WIP to me...and i think LR are working on 3d waves. So we can only judge when xp 11 is released as a final product.

X_Plane_2016_12_04_23_43_05_28.jpgimage post

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Seattle Tacoma area, default scenery.

XP11 (calm wave)
763637c3f1.jpg

XP10 (calm wave)
763eaceb13.jpg

XP11 (medium wave)
7641a54158.jpg

XP10 (medium wave)
76450e7ea8.jpg

Xp11 water seems "solid asphalt in motion" (the water aspect, not the color).

This water is matte, not shine, seem "liquid rock".

My opinion: XP10 Water win.
If Xp11 loses this water makes a mistake.

1ltdx1g.jpg

ZEUjmbY.jpg

k8pNGrN.jpg

* XP11 atmoXphere * (

Look this xEnviro picture. https://abload.de/img/desktop12.06.2016-18.ekjtx.png

Observe the water please.

this is the future of water?

Moquette in place of water?  :Shocked:

And now look this: http://i.imgur.com/pBhO45S.jpg

* XP11 atmoXphere * (

the water will get completely replace they just dont know if they will get it ready and stable for 11.00

so all xp11 water discussion is pretty obsolete. 

• Upvote 2

alpha12125, on 07 Dec 2016 - 8:10 PM, said:

the water will get completely replace they just dont know if they will get it ready and stable for 11.00

so all xp11 water discussion is pretty obsolete.

i think many things will change in the final product im expecting sound engines for the 737 (i wish), and where is the citation which aerosoft included in their screenshots of XP11 box version ?

Citation.png[/url]online photo storage

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM