Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] Severe pulling to the left? Try this.

Well, that was a LOL and 'duh' moment here. After installing XP11 the first thing I did was calibrate the controllers. All went fine. I did notice there was a pull to the left in the Cessna but I had read this was normal in XP. Realism, you know. Just now, a week later, I got sick and tired of it. I have grown into the habit to constantly pull me joystick to the right to counter for that realistic pulling. If I would let go of my controller I would dive left instantly.

Then (duh) I decided to recalibrate my controllers (in the middle of the flight instead of in the startup screen). All went fine again. But this time there wasn't any pull anymore at ALL! When I let go of my joystick the plance (Cessna) simply flies stright on!!! LOL

So if you also have real problems will the plane pulling to the left, try recalibrating your controllers. And maybe do so while in a flight. No idea if that helpt but it sure did here. Man, am I glad to that 'realism' is gone!!! :P No more need to constantly hold the controller! I could even't do something else unless I paused the sim LOL Looking at a flyby was almost impossible!  :wink:

The "torque issue" was a long standing problem, that has been mostly resolved fortunately. I think it's important to make sure flight controls are 100% caibrated in X-Plane.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Tried calibrating in air or on the ground, did not work, still pulls to left big time, whats with this sim anyway, I'm trying hard to give it a chance, I'm finally flying along fairly smoothly at 20 to 30 FPS, then frames drop to 2 to 5 FPS for no reason at all, I restart, then same thing happens, yep it's a beta alright

Tried calibrating in air or on the ground, did not work, still pulls to left big time, whats with this sim anyway, I'm trying hard to give it a chance, I'm finally flying along fairly smoothly at 20 to 30 FPS, then frames drop to 2 to 5 FPS for no reason at all, I restart, then same thing happens, yep it's a beta alright

FPS issue is well know bug at the moment. 

You use beta products you pay the price, it's logic ;-) And it's not just X-Plane, Battlefield 4 and many other games were at first released with hundreds of bugs and the complaints were endless but people still payed money for it so .... Anyway in the end it will all be okay and you can pat yourself on the back that you paid 60 dollars for a Flight Sim that will have +/- 3 or 4 years of updates and development work.

Did you disable Threaded optimization in the nVidia control setting on the X-Plane profile? It's mandatory for XP, so it seems. Maybe this will help for your drops too.

Thanks for the tip Jeroen - I noticed this also but what I did was go into the sensitivity settings for my yoke on the right side menu and pushed sliders to the right that worked - turn your yoke to see which axis needs to be tweaked

Rich Sennett

Jeroen,

there is, nonetheless another characteristic not yet addressed by LR in X-Plane - the weathervane effect on ground, even under slight x-wind components.

This will make taxiing most GA aircraft, the default C172 being an example, very tedious and unrealistic.

Some authors have found ways around it, using scripts ( Carenado uses that approach in their line of GA add-ons for XP10 ), but one can easily grab Plane-Maker and use some basic tuning, that will not interfere that much under most circumstances unless you are flying at very slow speeds.

For the C172 I used 38  knot in this exemple as the threshold, but you can try with other values. Anove that speed though, the artificial stability goes away and youmust be prepared to counter the weathervane....

Also make sure that in the "joystick" / "control sensitivity" menu you set all of the three stability augmentation sliders full left ( none ).

For the control response I usually have mine at 50% though...

C172-ground-weathervane-fix.jpg

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

J van E, Did you pause your game to calibrate in flight. I am having the extreme left pulling as well. I'm using the X 52 Pro.

I let you fly my real 172. When you sick and tired two keep ball centered I will demosntrate cross control stall for you. I guarantee after that  you will never complain about "pulling to the left anymore" and happily push the right rudder :) 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I know that this is probably something that is normal for aircraft, but it is very I'd say almost over done in the game..Sorry not a real pilot I just play one on the computer. I was also going to ask how do you compensate for the normal nose up of the bigger aircraft? I.E. wanting a normal "straight view" out of the windshield of the aircraft. So I guess is all of this normal or can it fixed in the options somewhere? So to summarize I did re-calibrate my x-52 pro (don't have peddles so everything is either done on the main stick or the throttle). I haven't found a way to deal with the constant nose up of the larger planes. 

So I basically can't take my hands off the stick for any real period of time other than (pause) because I'm always fighting for level flight.

Thanks for any replies.

James

14 hours ago, jwilliamson said:

I know that this is probably something that is normal for aircraft, but it is very I'd say almost over done in the game..Sorry not a real pilot I just play one on the computer. I was also going to ask how do you compensate for the normal nose up of the bigger aircraft? I.E. wanting a normal "straight view" out of the windshield of the aircraft. So I guess is all of this normal or can it fixed in the options somewhere? So to summarize I did re-calibrate my x-52 pro (don't have peddles so everything is either done on the main stick or the throttle). I haven't found a way to deal with the constant nose up of the larger planes. 

So I basically can't take my hands off the stick for any real period of time other than (pause) because I'm always fighting for level flight.

Thanks for any replies.

James

It's overdone IMO on ground. Not saying there isn't IRL weathervane on most GA aircraft at wind speeds starting at 5 knot quarterly of true x-wind ( so I am told by those who fly them, not me ), but there's still a problem with the ground physics IMO, and it's probably not the way, for instance, X-Plane 11 is calculating propwash effects and relative wind - both can be visualised using the CTRL-M key combination 1, 2 and 3x, from an outside view.

In some of the gliders I fly, a x-wind component requires, without the precious aid from propwash, sometimes full downwind rudder, and still the glider departs the rw upwind ! This happens with some gliders at even just near 5 knot, depending on the type of rw we operate from.

For years there was also a wrong calculation of torque but that got fixed thx to Murmur's Proof :-) who finally convinced Austin there was indeed a problem...

In flight I don't think there's much wrong about the "turning tendencies" with power and AoA settings. Overall in the aircraft models I have used in XP11 ( prop  single or twin ) it appears plausible to me.

The airliners you're flying aren't probably the best models for XP. You should try the Zibo Mod 738, for the default 737-800 that comes with XP11. It's a wonderful a free mod. Of course if you are heavy, and slower than you were supposed to, nothing will prevent you from a "nose up" attitude if you're trying to fly straight & level...

Last, but not least, not having rudder pedals also turns things worst in control than when you have a good pair of rudder pedals to control the aircraft. I assume you're using the twixt axis in the X52 for yaw ?

And, you should also make sure that in the sensitivity menu the Stability Augmentation sliders should be all the way to the left ( nill ) and I would try the sensitivity sliders at 50% for all three main axis.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Okay thanks for the great info. I'll try that mod I'll just have to find it. Still working on making a simple flight plan. Also, to answer your question if you are talking about the twisting action of the joystick for the rudder that is what I'm using. I will also check the sensitivity setting. I don't know if the forum will let you link the mod but that would be cool if you could.

Thanks

James

22 minutes ago, jwilliamson said:

Okay thanks for the great info. I'll try that mod I'll just have to find it. Still working on making a simple flight plan. Also, to answer your question if you are talking about the twisting action of the joystick for the rudder that is what I'm using. I will also check the sensitivity setting. I don't know if the forum will let you link the mod but that would be cool if you could.

Thanks

James

You can easily find it through a Google Search with:

boeing 737 800 zibo mod

Get the latest version - the author has been offering updates at a rate of almost one per week sometimes...  There is also a sound mod that goes with it ( FMOD ) and other goodies. It's an excellent alternative to the default B738.

Main Simulation Rig:

On December 3, 2016 at 2:30 PM, J van E said:

Did you disable Threaded optimization in the nVidia control setting on the X-Plane profile? It's mandatory for XP, so it seems.

AFAIK, this is no longer needed since a few versions back.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 10/3/2017 at 1:46 PM, jwilliamson said:

Thanks for any replies.

James

The only real solution for views, and it doesn't work for most Xplane aircraft because few allow you to undock the displays, is to put the gauges on a second monitor below your external view.  Then you have a similar situation to a real pilot.  You look up and out, or you look down.