Sign in to follow this  
mccurdypm

Latest SkyMaxx Pro 4 preview

I'm using Skymaxx Pro v3 + RWC and I have yet to see anything else then puffy cumulus. Even if the METAR is showing multiple overcast layers then it is just puffy clouds everywhere. This is very disappointing. And what I see in the screenshots above is again just nice and puffy clouds everywhere. Have you ever been to Northern Europe? The weather doesn't look like that around here.

Pretty much stated our options above, the UI does give you flexibility if you use it....

But hey if it's not for you, who am I to argue....all I can say is "noted" and of course I have some ideas floating around you might like in the future....

I still have not made the jump to XP, I will give XP11 a shot, one question though, I remember seeing a SMP preview where the landing lights can illuminate the clouds? is that correct? Can X-E also do the same? 

Thank you guys!

John.

They light up the houses and electrical towers and such, and in the day the shadows bend around edges of houses and such also.

Aaron Tirrell

Honestly, I do not care much for the special effects, I want to see a sky which resembles the one at my airport. With sun, moon, stars and clouds at the right place and in the right size and format at any given altitude, including sitting on the tarmac. Something that some other platform has been able to show for at least 5+ years now. Give me that and I buy it. I don't care much about the 70$ I shelled last night, at least it was a try. Give me something better. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

Overall, I'm pretty excited that X-Plane seems to be getting more focus from professional developers. Healthy competition is a good thing! :)

I reckon it's definitely heading in the right direction.

• Upvote 3

To John of Skymaxx,

I visited the Maxx-XP forum and, you told Rob Ainscough to get a PPL?

lol, he was way over the top getting to nit picky. John probably got annoyed ! I would have said the same thing. You want perfection get a PPL or start programming if you think you can do better... 

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

lol, he was way over the top getting to nit picky. John probably got annoyed ! I would have said the same thing. You want perfection get a PPL or start programming if you think you can do better... 

Ok, fair enough :smile: . I was looking for examples and not reading posts until I came onto Rob's. The few images I've seen look really nice.

Lol, I chuckled at the same when I read it on the other forum mentioned.  Rob is a cool and well off dude I'm sure, but he can also get a bit too big for his britches.  Sure, LM loves him, as do a lot of us, but I too thought that was a bit silly what he posted.

Excited to see this released!  I do own and pilot a plane (Grumman AA5) and still can't wait for your release!

More product info over there, (pretty please) and less....... of the other stuff. I hate going to get information on a potential purchase and wincing at threads, instead.

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Oh here we go,how dare I make a joke......

Indeed, how dare you. Now be quiet and release SMP4 already ;-) (waiting patiently with default clouds and 1fps)

• Upvote 4

I've always enjoyed SkyMaxx Pro for what it is to me,A Great tool to enhance a great Sim,Really looking forward to SMP4 :smile:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick