Sign in to follow this  
Kieloben

Flex Wings in wrong direction?!?

Actually this is a Topic für FSX (all versions) and FS), since the first planes with flexible wings also show up at FS9 now.

But since the flex-wing-aircrafts came first in the MS-FSX, I place my toppic here.

By flying the A380 created by pairbus I noticed the flexwing to go into the wrong direction.

In the FS-world, the tipps are going up, if you turn the plane down.

And if you raise the nose, the wing-tipps turn down.

Well, in reality the wings are carrying the fuselage and the effect is just the other way around.

By pulling, or pushing the pitch, or the yoke in the cockpit the rudder at the fuselage's end turns the fuselage into the direction wanted (up, or down compared to the horizon, to gain, or decent the hight of the flight).

The fuselage directly is connected to the wings.

With the fuselage raising its nose by descending its aft section (or the other way around) the wings also change there angel against the airflow.

Now the airflow carrys the wing and the wing carrys the fuselage into th new direction.

By the mass of the fuselage and the aerodymic of the wings the wings are going up, if the plane is raising its nose, while the fuselage is following its mass movement to not be in the mood to go up. The wings are bending upwards.

Thus, the tipps of the wings raises, if you raise the plane's nose.

In the other direction, turnig the nose down, the wings first flex down, forcing the fuselage to follow.

Allways the wings are carrying the fuselage, never the other way around.

Yet in the simulation world ist is programmed wrong, as I had to notice by testflying a lot of flexwing-planes in FS9 and FSX by now.

So...

...you heros of the simmulated-sky, how to change it to reality?

With very best regards,

Stefan. 

Hello Stefan,

I've just loaded up a freeware A380 into FSX:SE and the flex wings work in the correct sense for me. Yank back on the stick and the wings flex upwards. Slam the stick forward and the wings flex downwards.

Are you using a flightstick or mouse to control the aeroplane? Have you got the Y-axis inverted? I do not know if that would have an effect. It is just a guess.

Cheers.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Dear Mark,

I do fly the FS9 and MS-FSX with flightstick and didn't inverted the axis, as I owned 3 different real-life-pilot's-licences up to the late 1980th and do want to have the simulation as real, as it may get.

Yet, since I do have discovered the difficulties at an A380 in FS9 and another A380 in FSX I would like to try your A380. Just tell me, if you would be that kind, where you got your copy from, and/or what precicely the zip is called, and I'll get it at myself to survey it.

If it then behaves at my FSX, as it does at yours, then we might presume a programming-mistake at all the other flex-wing-planes I tried before.

If it behaves at my FSX different, than at yours, then we do know that there is something wrong adjusted within my PC or something minor-major got changed by the evolvation from MS-FSX to FSX:SE

At least that would be the logical way.

Sincerily,

Stefan

• Upvote 1

Certainly Stefan,

Here's the link to the project airbus Qantas A380 I used:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3943/fsx-qantas-airbus-a380-800-repaint/

I also use the weight fix for the same A380

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/21676/fsx-project-airbus-a380-overweight-fix/

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Dear Mark,

I test-flew it now and you're right.

That A380 you refered to is doing the flexwing in the correct direction.

By looking into it, I noticed, to have the very same A380 already in Air-France-Delivery. It came in an Air-France-Pack, created 2012, while the A380 in Quantas delivery it got released in 2010.

It looks like, as it had been correct in the beginning, then changed to the wrong side after some whatever-went on in the "Manufacturer-studio"..

Thus, all of the flex-wing-aircrafts that came afterwards from the same FS-aircraft-"manufacturer" are wrong, while others from others are correct.

Anyway, to make the A380 realistic we do have now a realistic ".air" in this Qantas packet you refered to in your message.

Yet, it proves that the direction can be changed.

And I thank you for that one.

Sincerily,

Stefan.

• Upvote 1

You're welcome! :cool:

I wonder if you have any other aircraft types where the wings flex in the wrong direction?

Mark Robinson