Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Richmond Airport (KRIC) in the Library

Ernest I think you may not know that I am one of the members of SSJ. We are not making KDAL but KDTW.

SSJ is still active and KDTW is in its final development leg. I have a version which is 95% done. It will be worth the wait.

KRIC is not an SSJ project. I might think about KDAL myself but I usually prefer slightly smaller airports. Not sure about the size comparison of RIC and DAL?

An updated KORD will not take long and it will tide us over until FSDT come in big with their own version. I think their original KORD is very outdated and the ground textures need a serious overhaul.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Ernest I think you may not know that I am one of the members of SSJ. We are not making KDAL but KDTW.

SSJ is still active and KDTW is in its final development leg. I have a version which is 95% done. It will be worth the wait.

KRIC is not an SSJ project. I might think about KDAL myself but I usually prefer slightly smaller airports. Not sure about the size comparison of RIC and DAL?

An updated KORD will not take long and it will tide us over until FSDT come in big with their own version. I think their original KORD is very outdated and the ground textures need a serious overhaul.

Shez

Thanks Shez.

Btw, KDAL not to be confused with KDFW, is not that big of an airport, similar to KONT which you did as well. Heck, KABQ is also not that big or complex either.

If you're ever interested in KDAL, I live across the street and can get all the exterior photos you might need as well as video of the surrounding area to help provide a feel for the layout.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Let me have a look at KDAL and see if I can myself tackle it. Will send you an email to connect when I am ready.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Don't see anything about KDAL at their site. Sure your not thinking of KDTW which they have been working on?

And you would be correct.. :smile: 

Sorry for the confusion.   Eyes were seeing KDTW, brain was thinking KDAL.  

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

:smile: :smile: :smile:Shez;

This is a simply AMAZING piece of work !!!

I have only 1 payware airport (KIAD) and it is very well done.

Comparing your freeware which I have just installed to it.....I'm astonished !!!

The amazing detail at KRIC just reaches out and grabs you.

The detail is as good as the 34 dollar KIAD.

It (default rendition) was my home drome since I placed FSX on my machine in '07.

FINALLY, I can look at an airport that is alive and breathing !!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

I'll be looking for more work by you with eager anticipation...

Skip D

Shez has been doing terrific scenery for a very long time... Thank You my friend, for all your time and effort!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you Shez for all the great sceneries throughout the years. Really good FS9 days. You and Efrain who did TJSJ. I wonder what happened to him.

Let me have a look at KDAL and see if I can myself tackle it. Will send you an email to connect when I am ready.

Shez

The greatest traffic volume USA airport lacking a full quality implementation is Baltimore-Washington, KBWI.  It is also the most significant Southwest hub lacking implementation.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you Shez for all the great sceneries throughout the years. Really good FS9 days. You and Efrain who did TJSJ. I wonder what happened to him.

In the FS9 days, Shez and Jan Martin were scenery machines bringing out so many great airports. I am missing KBUR in the FSX world.

KDAL has a good scenery in the library by Glenn Johnson he has a few airports with photo ground and custom buildings.

I thought there was a good KDAL somewhere. Let me check it out.

KBWI is too big for me alone I think. Much bigger undertaking than KRIC. Maybe SSJ can do it. I thought a payware developer was doing it?

Two others are also still not done, KOAK and KABQ.

As for output since FS9 days, the FSX/P3D platforms are so much richer that it takes a longer time to develop sceneries with all the bells and whistles it allows (reflections, photo-real ground, high quality textures, etc.).

Thanks everyone for your appreciation. Gives us freeware guys some recognition :smile:. Although this is really a labor of love... :wink:

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

I thought there was a good KDAL somewhere. Let me check it out.

KBWI is too big for me alone I think. Much bigger undertaking than KRIC. Maybe SSJ can do it. I thought a payware developer was doing it?

Two others are also still not done, KOAK and KABQ.

As for output since FS9 days, the FSX/P3D platforms are so much richer that it takes a longer time to develop sceneries with all the bells and whistles it allows (reflections, photo-real ground, high quality textures, etc.).

Thanks everyone for your appreciation. Gives us freeware guys some recognition :smile:. Although this is really a labor of love... :wink:

Shez

Most of these airports have good renditions already

Glenn Johnson did KDAL and also KOAK in the avsim library

from other people:

kbwi_p3d_fsx_v1.zip in the library, a good rendition.

albuquerque_intl_kabq_version_1.00.zip for KABQ

but still no KBUR :(

I guess if there are already versions of those airports then no point redoing them. I did KBUR back in FS9 days so let me evaluate it again.

Shez

Shez Ansari