Sign in to follow this  
littleterry

Refund

I have the same CPU and the XP11 beta runs just fine unless I push all the sliders to the max. This is with a GTX 1080. I advise you check the previous suggestions in this thread and try again.

The thing about X-plane and HDR is that you will always get shimmering until you hit the higher AA settings, which for some systems can cause stuttering, especially at resolutions that high, and especially on cards with "lower" (relatively) memory amounts.

Also, when memory is in doubt, always use compressed and/or lower resolution textures.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think 4K and any AA setting above FXAA will choke any graphics card, even the high end GTX1080 ? You can not compare with FSX / P3D, because of the sheer amount of memory being used by X-plane (I can use easy 6GB VRAM uncompressed textures on my GTX1070, using 1080p resolutions).

Try lowering FXAA, or use a lower resolution with high AA - this is what the developers recommend.

There will always be a bottle neck in any computer system.

Also do not judge XP 11 on the current performance, as it is still in beta;

i been trying it using 1080 resolution  but i must admit it looks great   with 4 k monitor ,just hoping that we will be able to use the end product with 4 k monitor

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

You can't base anything off of the current performance that you get with XP11. Some have fantastic performance with it right now and others horrible, irrelevant of computer specs. XP 11 is in early beta right now, and Laminar has said that the game is still HIGHLY unoptimized as far as performance goes. 

In regards to your performance on XP10, as long as you run the game in 1080p you should get great performance with medium settings or so, which on plane looks really nice in my opinion. Things that will really kill your FPS is having any cars, and the density of the other scenery objects. I would consider changing things like roads and trees down to a middle range and see what kind of performance you get. I believe you will still be pleased with the graphics quality even with everything not maxed out. I have a computer with worse specs than yours and hardly ever have issues getting less than 25-30FPS with medium settings.