Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Saitek Multi panel not working in XP11, Cessna 172

Is the plug in to be loaded: "Xsaitekpanels_2_56"?

Is all that is necessary, is to put the "Xsaitekpanels" folder into the "Resources, Plugins" folder? Am I missing anything?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first time using plug ins and I can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Is the plug in to be loaded: "Xsaitekpanels_2_56"?

Is all that is necessary, is to put the "Xsaitekpanels" folder into the "Resources, Plugins" folder? Am I missing anything?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first time using plug ins and I can't get it to work.

Thanks,

I had also to download and install the Saitek drivers from here  http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I used Pro_Flight_XPlane_Plugin_7_9_50_1_X64_Software for my Multi and Switch panels along with SPAD )probably redundant) and they work fine.

Charlie

I just went to download the Saitek drivers mentioned above and I got a message on my screen that they are unsafe for my computer.  I've never seen that warning before.  Has anyone else experienced that?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hmmm.   Mine installed without that warning.  I'm not sure what's going on there Sir.

Just wondering, will these Saitek drivers interfere with the Saitek equipment working in P3D?  Also, even with these drivers installed you still need the Plug In?

Thanks again,

Howard

That's pretty abysmal. One would think a 2016 simulator was set up to work with the most common hardware out of the box. All Saitek panels work without drivers or any user input in AeroflyFS2. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks to all of you.  I installed the Saitek drivers and then put in the Xsaitekpanels_2_56 plug, in and both the Multi Panel and the Switch Panel are now working.  The only problem is that the lights and the screen on the Multi Panel are not working properly.  Sometimes the lights flash.

Thanks again,

Howard

Howard

The only problem is that the lights and the screen on the Multi Panel are not working properly. Sometimes the lights flash.

If you're using Windows 8 or 10, here's something from the manual:

Windows 8.1 users need to be aware there is a change from 8.0 to 8.1 in how USB is handled and it breaks part of Xsaitekpanels. Some of my users have had success following the info in this link because it appears like Windows 8.1 thinks all computers are mobile devices even though they may not be.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900614

There is also a new utility that will do this for you without going into the registry and can be found here.

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Basically Windows 8 and later does not support correct power to the panels, that's why the displays stay off or flickr. You need to disable power management for each of the devices separately, IIRC with their USB ID. Use the uraster.com link.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thanks for the tip, but I am using Windows 7.   Also, thank you very much for your list of updated scenery & airports from another thread,  It is really helpful.

• Upvote 1

Howard

I also am having the flashing problem on the multipanel despite the Win 10 power management being fixed.  Might just be an XP11 issue with xsaitekpanels.  

Has anyone gotten the Multi Panel to work properly?  I have installed the Xsaitekpanels_2_56 Plug In, but the Multi Panel's lights still flash and pressing the buttons does not always get the desired response.   I have successfully installed the RXPGTN-750-XPL into XPlane 11 and it works perfectly.  I just wish I could get the Saitek Multi Panel to cooperate.  The Switch Panel works fine but not the Multi Panel.

Howard