Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

DTG Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta Programme

Release scheduled for Dec 8

http://train-simulator.com/the-train-sim-world-beta/

TSW_04.jpg

TSW_03.jpg

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for the link. So I would pay 54NZD ( to buy the Pioneering edition of TS2017, get on the beta, test it for them, and then pay for the final release ?

No mention of countries in the Southern hemisphere being included on the Beta either.

The policy of BNSF not allowing DTG to sell outside the USA has me thinking, will the same happen with CSX ?

Screen shots and video looks  great, and the eye candy is darn good. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I cant find clarification on ownership either. Does the beta mean you own the final or must pay again?

Wish they would use this engine and lighting in the DTGFS upcoming. Looks pretty sweet

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Did I hear correctly that TrainSim World will release with only a single 60 mile stretch of track?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Which pretty much makes me answer what some flight simulation developers are waitinbhg for to give us, at least, some aspects of the graphical representation of weather so realistic as in these sims....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I cant find clarification on ownership either. Does the beta mean you own the final or must pay again?

Wish they would use this engine and lighting in the DTGFS upcoming. Looks pretty sweet

Dave, I did read I think on the Steam forums that you have to pay for the RC. You have to pay them to beta test it. ( if you buy TS2017 ) Which, to me, is a bit weird :)

After buying a couple of BNSF routes for TS2015, and then the BNSF license issue raised it's ugly head, I was not able to purchase any BNSF Loco addons. Made downloading scenarios very difficult, as I had to swap them out all the time.

Have deleted  DTG now and use Run 8. Run 8 can sell BNSF DLC, to anyone, but DTG cannot. So, sounds like DTG would not agree on cost to the detriment of it's customers. They went into my little black book after that.

Did I hear correctly that TrainSim World will release with only a single 60 mile stretch of track?

Yes, the Sandpatch route, or part thereof.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

.....and don't forgot the beta access lasts only 12 days.

All in all, another ingenious device by Dovetail to get punters to part with their cash.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

They better tread lightly. 12 days for a beta that you essentially had to pay for? License issues? Limited foundation and odd purchase scenarios?

IF they do stupid things like that with DTGFS, It will be another MS Flight fail. XP11 already raised the bar, and if it doesnt satisfy , we will stick with p3d and or xp11.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

No thanks

If they Beta Flight Sim like that I will pass as well

Matthew Kane

You get the SD40 and the AC4400W, the BETA is 12 days, if you buy the Pioneers addition then you get BETA access. You DO NOT need to rebuy the game when it releases. You own it if you buy the BETA. I for one am very excited for this. Not to mention if you own certain content already then Pioneers addition is severely discounted. I got mine for like $20 and it gave me a $35 route I didn't own yet. It was a no brainer honestly. 

• Upvote 1

That makes sense, buy it Beta and get the full release later when released.

Matthew Kane

You get the SD40 and the AC4400W, the BETA is 12 days, if you buy the Pioneers addition then you get BETA access. You DO NOT need to rebuy the game when it releases. You own it if you buy the BETA. I for one am very excited for this. Not to mention if you own certain content already then Pioneers addition is severely discounted. I got mine for like $20 and it gave me a $35 route I didn't own yet. It was a no brainer honestly.

Not according to what is said in the video.  It specifically states the train in the Beta will be the SD40-2, with 3 locos at the full release. Also while you don't need to purchase for access to the 12 day Beta (If you bought TS2017 Pioneers Edition) it has been stated by DTG that the full release version will be a new purchase.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

To quote the small print in the infographic they produced:

"Taking part in the beta will not entitle you to a free copy of the release version of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul when it launches in 2017"

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

We put together a great value bundle of our latest and greatest Train Simulator content in TS 2017 Pioneers Edition, 5 great routes for £29.99 / $44.99 that also comes with a feature called complete my collection that means you only pay for content you don't already own.  As an added bonus if you own all five of these routes included in the Pioneers Edition you will be granted access to the beta for Train Sim World when it starts on Dec 8th.  The beta programme will run until Dec 19th. 

- Martin