Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

DTG Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta Programme

Essentially, I felt the opportunity to try out the beta was a carrot to entice people who otherwise might not have been interested in TS2016 into pulling the trigger.

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

"Taking part in the beta will not entitle you to a free copy of the release version of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul when it launches in 2017"

If thats the case, whats the point of buying the pioneer edition then other than a 12 day beta access. Big deal.

Might as well wait until final product.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If thats the case, whats the point of buying the pioneer edition then other than a 12 day beta access. Big deal.

You a buying the current version of Train Simulator (TS2017) which is still 32bit. The standard version of TS2017 comes with 4 routes, the pioneers version adds a 5th route, and gives you access to the 12 day Beta of the new 64bit TrainSim World Sim as a bonus. So it's actually 2 programs were talking about. So you would only buy TS2017 PE now if you want TS2017 with all 5 routes, and/or just have to be one of the first to try the new program.

• Upvote 2

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My thoughts exactly.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well its out and I'm playing with it.........

Its not bad...... On my 1080 it seems a bit sluggish, though. More testing to do.

Hmmmmmmm.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

.....and don't forgot the beta access lasts only 12 days.

All in all, another ingenious device by Dovetail to get punters to part with their cash.

I don't know, I started off with TrainSim2016, and then got the free upgrade to 2017 with the option to get the beta if you purchased a couple other routes, which aren't half bad.  DTG actually does a good train sim, and this is why I had high hopes for DTGFS, which was a fail imo.

The content for Train Simulator is pretty cool.  I'm into DTG for a couple of hundred boxes of ziti, but I do enjoy the sim and for the most part, it works well.  The graphics are pretty decent and the scenarios are challenging.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

well, the point is if you want the tracks and stuff from TS2017 or not. i rather enjoy the new content, the marseilles-avignon is pretty cool run. i would have bought it regardless of the beta access. if the TS content is not something that interests you that is of course your prerogative to avoid it.

the beta access so far pretty disappointing for me, crashes on startup, lot of people with the same bug on the forums, hopefully they get a patch out before the beta ends lol

cheers!

-andy crosby

I am enjoying the BETA so far!

Here is a quick video of mine showing Locomotive Startup.

• Upvote 1

Beta Looks pretty cool. Nice to see the sound package is rather complete and the physics more encompassing. Some pretty sweet detail with the lighting as well.

This is why I didnt want to spend money on TS2017 extras when this more complete sim is a few months away.

Would be nice if DTGFS would incorporate these features but pretty sure they are not using the unreal engine 4.

CYVR LSZH 

Its nice to see train sim take on a more serious simming approach. I think the train sim guys will be quite enthusiastic about it as it seems to encompass more complex simulation. This may be a good sign for DTGFS that it will go that way and not treated as a game but as a realistic and complex simulation. The hardcore hobbyist enthusiasts will stick around as oppose to the casual gamer that lose interest after a while. Check out the refueling in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVuIVc6pYIs

CYVR LSZH 

That's quite an impressive train set :cool: I keep meaning to resurrect my plan of having an HO model railroad in my loft and a small OO layout on a drop down board in the back room of my house (HO for American stock and OO for UK). It may be easier just to buy DTG's products when they come out LOL! That CSX Beta is looking lovely.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Its nice to see train sim take on a more serious simming approach. I think the train sim guys will be quite enthusiastic about it as it seems to encompass more complex simulation. This may be a good sign for DTGFS that it will go that way and not treated as a game but as a realistic and complex simulation. The hardcore hobbyist enthusiasts will stick around as oppose to the casual gamer that lose interest after a while. Check out the refueling in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVuIVc6pYIs

Actually that capability is present in TS2017 in some locos, it's just how they are modeled. DTG chose not to model this detail in most engines, not that they couldn't do it. The biggest issue TSW has now, and I realize this is just a Beta, so hopefully this will be corrected in future, is the modeling of the tracks itself. They lose definition and pop into focus way too close in front of view, as close as 100yds ahead. A little surprising considering it's built on the 64bit Unreal engine, where VAS is not an issue.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Looking at this video

When he notches up departing the station, ( 2:26 ) notice how the train pulls away if he was just light loco. Just like current version (s) of TS.

Even if the train was not stretched when he stopped, you would not pull away like that. And the amount of power he applied from standing still would induce excessive wheel slip, a ground relay fault. Amps would be in the red.:) Not to mention breaking a coupler. The brakes would not be fully recharged and that would compound the issue. In real life, I would expect the sack for driving a train in that manner :)

As far as physic's go, it seems it is set for game play, rather than simulation, like Run 8. Just my thoughts, and as I don't have the beta, cannot confirm this.

The modeling is done very well, but for those who have the beta, it would be good if you could try the above scenario, and post your thoughts on here.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Didn't MS train sim simulate more accurate couplers and long train length physics? (more than TS or the CSX beta, not Run8)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)