Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

DTG Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta Programme

Didn't MS train sim simulate more accurate couplers and long train length physics? (more than TS or the CSX beta, not Run8)

Yes Mark, if you modified the loco and rolling stock cfg files. Bob Bouidin ( spelling) and TurboBills brake and coupling physics mods.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That's quite an impressive train set :cool: I keep meaning to resurrect my plan of having an HO model railroad in my loft and a small OO layout on a drop down board in the back room of my house (HO for American stock and OO for UK). It may be easier just to buy DTG's products when they come out LOL! That CSX Beta is looking lovely.

HO and OO will actually share track perfectly ;)  no need for separate layouts...  I run a bunch of UK OO stock on my US HO setup...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

HO and OO will actually share track perfectly ;)  no need for separate layouts...  I run a bunch of UK OO stock on my US HO setup...

Is there a link or a video of your setup?

Is there a link or a video of your setup?

Right now that would just be a video of boxes in my storage unit :(  Actually debating selling the entire setup to help fund my race car's rollcage LOL!  I bought a bunch of Virgin rails and old East Coast/Transpennine kit plus some old UK steamers and they run great on HO rail...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Permit me to digress a little - two separate layouts due to the country differences- my (pipe) dream is the have the small drop down board as a British layout, the other bigger HO as a US one. Yes, you're right that the locos and stock quite happily use the same track, but there are difference in the scale of the machines as no doubt you know ;)

Anyhow as this CSX is only a beta, perhaps DTG will implement some form of improved rolling stock physics. I seem to remember way back in train sim getting a damage report for the cars inside the auto carriers!  :Shame On You:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The sum of my train knowledge could be written on a train ticket but the encouraging thing from watching this is that DTG clearly have the ability to make cutting edge simulation platforms. The skill set behind trains is probably different to aircraft as you only need to model the immediate track area and the dynamics of weather etc are vastly less important, but I like what I see.

Fingers crossed that DTG Flight Sim can eventually look something like this.

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Found a really cool video as well. I dont like trains much, but this may make me give them a try! The detail is insane! Imagine having a aircraft experience like this!

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well, it's scheduled for release on March 16th. http://store.steampowered.com/app/530070/

Honestly, I can't dredge up any excitement for the title, though I may just end up buying it under a why-the-heck-not style reasoning process, if the stars and planets all align in the correct configuration.

Early purchasers get a slight discount, People who brought into regular trainsim specifically to get a sneak peek at the new title are apparently SOL if they were hoping for a gratuity.

Lets see what happens.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I tried the Beta, back in December and it kept crashing on me, so it turned me off from that aspect of TS2017.  Since it was also a short-lived Beta, I never saw the point of pursuing it, so in the end, I stuck with what was already established for TS. I like the short haul commuter scenarios, with trains and tube, Britain and Europe.  I never felt the appeal of the heavy haul engines stateside, but when this releases, I'll pass and wait for further development across the pond.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Well today is release day, and a friend contacted me, all eager about trying it, and surprised that I was not more enthused. He figured DTG would have fixed the sluggishness of the demo, and I was dubious, because DTG has a poor history of fixing stuff. (Witness the latest, Flight school)

Low and behold, and it seems they have a mini-disaster forming, with tons of people already asking for refunds.

I wish I could say I was even slightly surprised. :unsure:

They are going to have to do much better with DTG-Sim, or this place and others will turn on them like a pack of angry wolverines.

Heres hoping they get the message and get their..... stuff... together.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530070/?snr=1_4_4__100

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There is a slight difference with the past Train Sim tho, at least here there aren't big complaints on the visual quality. Yes, optimization is lacking judging from the comments around, but that can be fixed. An out-dated graphic engine not so much.

I won't buy it for another reason, lack of variety. 3 locos so far (all similar to each other) and a single track. Before it offers what was available on Train Sim it will take quite a bit of time =/

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I thought about it for awhile during the past week, and decided to buy with the presale discount.

Just spent an hour in it, doing a few of the tutorials. On my system, it ran decently enough, & looks absolutely wonderful.

I'm not sure which direction they'll take this in (I'll admit to not following any news on it), but the way I see it, I bought three engines and a route. Simple to think of it as just stand-alone DLC. And to be honest, If that's all my $35 Canadian gets me, I'm okay with that. After all, we aren't talking anywhere near AAA release pricing here - I've passed on quite a few newer releases that debut at $79.99 Canadian. And when compared to past DLC, or when compared to addon pricing in my main simulation hobby, $35 doesn't seem like a lot.

Pricing & amount of content aside though, where this game has me most interested thus far is atmosphere. Being able to move around the engines in first person mode is enthralling. Quick example is when I was doing the switching tutorial, I forgot to set the brakes when I left the cabin to cut loose the cars I'd moved. I climbed down from the engine, and then noticed everything starting to creep backwards. So, jump back on the engine, rush back into the cabin, sit down, apply the brakes... then get up, back outside, climb down, proceed with cutting the cars loose. A small thing, but it made me chuckle.

Pretty much the only negative for me so far is that you can't rebind keys nor assign other controllers. I REALLY would like to use one of my Saitek TQ's to control throttle, braking and such. Kind of a silly oversight in my opinion.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

3 hours ago, Jimmy RFR said:

Pretty much the only negative for me so far is that you can't rebind keys nor assign other controllers. I REALLY would like to use one of my Saitek TQ's to control throttle, braking and such. Kind of a silly oversight in my opinion.

Or, you could go for this monster.......

http://raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php

gm3s9s.jpg

Devons rig

3 hours ago, Jimmy RFR said:

I thought about it for awhile during the past week, and decided to buy with the presale discount.

Just spent an hour in it, doing a few of the tutorials. On my system, it ran decently enough, & looks absolutely wonderful.

I'm not sure which direction they'll take this in (I'll admit to not following any news on it), but the way I see it, I bought three engines and a route. Simple to think of it as just stand-alone DLC. And to be honest, If that's all my $35 Canadian gets me, I'm okay with that. After all, we aren't talking anywhere near AAA release pricing here - I've passed on quite a few newer releases that debut at $79.99 Canadian. And when compared to past DLC, or when compared to addon pricing in my main simulation hobby, $35 doesn't seem like a lot.

Pricing & amount of content aside though, where this game has me most interested thus far is atmosphere. Being able to move around the engines in first person mode is enthralling. Quick example is when I was doing the switching tutorial, I forgot to set the brakes when I left the cabin to cut loose the cars I'd moved. I climbed down from the engine, and then noticed everything starting to creep backwards. So, jump back on the engine, rush back into the cabin, sit down, apply the brakes... then get up, back outside, climb down, proceed with cutting the cars loose. A small thing, but it made me chuckle.

I understand your view, Jimmy, but that has to be put in perspective with what DTG has been offering on the Train Sim market for years now.

Specifically, the last offer is Train simulator 2017 which (here in Italy) costs 29,99€ while offering 4 real world routes, locos and assets fitting the same routes too.

And then you get  Train sim world, for the same price offering 3 similar locos on a single route (which i didn't even understand if it's real or fictional), and no promise (as far as i know) of adding more for paying customers.

My view would of course change if they indeed promised to add more routes, locos and assets for free for those who bought Train Sim World just now.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Grabbed the game on an impulse and have to say I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. Runs pretty well for my on an old i5 3570k and GTX 1080 at between 30 and 50 FPS depending on where you on and this was on Ultra settings so can easily improve on that by dropping a few settings.

From EGFF to YSSY