Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Seeing things better now, liking it more. Wish there were more buildings, POI, etc

The more I fly and experiment with the settings the more I am liking XP 11.

I love the night lighting, the traffic lights, the cars lighting, the landing light illuminating homes, towers, etc...

I love the high lines, the street and highway overhead signs, the houses, and so much more.

I love flying over my town and clearly seeing the roads and seeing the exact spot where my home is, and the homes of my friends.

I love the performance I am getting aND CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE RELEASED  version, the performance should be even better.

The things I do not like are the clouds, I do not like flying in Las Vegas and not seeing the strip, Dallas and not seeing the Dallas buildings, not seeing the Golden Gate Bridge, etc...

I will eventually be able to add building at home-KMWL, but I hate not seeing any landmarks, even the ones that I thought for sure would be there.

Things that are not in the sim that do not bother me at all:

Weather, and seasons.

Lots of realistic clouds, day and night, its good.

I love this sim, and I will keep loving P3D.

I cannot afford to put $ into XP 11 anytime soon, it took years to build my PC, and get to the point I aM at with P3D.

But, I am going to enjoy XP 11 immensely and add a little here and there.

I may nevger install XP 10, but XP11 has made me appreciate XP.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Tirrell

Yes, XP has to grow on you. It's different and you have to get used to that. Agreed about the clouds and the missing POI. More POI would make things more real.

Agree here went to fly london .no skyscrapers nothing . So downloaded a freeware canary wharf and buildings .no joy does not show in xp11. I am a newbie and maybe doing something wrong placed in custom scenary and checked was in the .ini mystery well it is a beta

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Solved folder order very important . Lots to learn. I have my London skyline back very good quality

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

Agree here went to fly london .no skyscrapers nothing . So downloaded a freeware canary wharf and buildings .no joy does not show in xp11. I am a newbie and maybe doing something wrong placed in custom scenary and checked was in the .ini mystery well it is a beta

With a few freewares you can make cities look so realistic in some areas, but you have to ask or search if you dont know and always make sure you download the required libraries if required by the scenery.

Your scenery_packs.ini order should show this

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EGLC - Canary Wharf/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EGLC - London_City_Airport/

This is EGLC and London landmarks in xp 11 using the below freewares, the rest is default autogen at max.

City landmarks http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?%2Ffiles%2Ffile%2F16007-eglc-canary-wharf%2F

EGLC http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?%2Ffiles%2Ffile%2F9706-eglc-london-city-airport%2F

X_Plane_2016_12_02_23_36_57_62.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_02_23_38_46_20.jpg

jpg images

• Upvote 6

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

This is EGLC and London landmarks in xp 11

Hi Pilot 83,

Outstanding pix! Just amazing how far flight simulation graphics have improved. At first, I thought I was looking at a photo.

Jim Morgan

Looks great indeed! Is there a way to search for POIs/landmarks...? Because these London landmarks seem to come with an airport. Ho can you know which airport has landmarks for the city nearby?

It seems to me there really is a market for XP addons... like one package that gives you worldwide landmarks. I am also looking forward to packages with regional autogen, like the new German stuff.

Looks great indeed! Is there a way to search for POIs/landmarks...? Because these London landmarks seem to come with an airport. Ho can you know which airport has landmarks for the city nearby?

It seems to me there really is a market for XP addons... like one package that gives you worldwide landmarks. I am also looking forward to packages with regional autogen, like the new German stuff.

I recommend to go this XP website and use the search button to look up the cities, landmarks or airports you want...lots of quality freeware.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/

X-Plane11

Thanks have a wonderful looking London skyscraper look out for tower bridge and London buildings to complete no need to install airport as already in xp11 key for me was basic mistake unzipped directly to custom scenery. Had to be only the folder contained inside first folder.

Colin hodds

Thanks have a wonderful looking London skyscraper look out for tower bridge and London buildings to complete no need to install airport as already in xp11 key for me was basic mistake unzipped directly to custom scenery. Had to be only the folder contained inside first folder.

i forgot also one link to London buildings http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/21953-london-buildings-updated-3-18/

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

I'm hoping the same way they did gateway airports, that they'll start a similar system for people to add landmarks and it then gets added to the stable releases. Buildings, stadiums, monuments, etc.

There are already many landmark packages to download as freeware, but not nearly enough and it's tedious to do so.

That's awesome... XP11 is making me want to ditch P3D all together.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm hoping the same way they did gateway airports, that they'll start a similar system for people to add landmarks and it then gets added to the stable releases. Buildings, stadiums, monuments, etc.

There are already many landmark packages to download as freeware, but not nearly enough and it's tedious to do so.

Yes, that would be a good idea...

I agree - I don't always have the time to find individual files and would like global downloads (even if it's payware) wherever possible.  I find that I spend way to much tweaking and not enough time flying (or cleaning the cars)!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale