Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Learjet flight video fun

Well here is a movie of my flight in my Lear.

I have more enjoyment flying this sim than some costing five times as much! :smile:

Remember that this depicts MCE use in an "unsupported aircraft" i.e. only native FSX/P3dswitches are coupled to MCE commands.  When it gets supported, everything will work!

Cheers

David

Thanks for posting your video, really enjoyed it. Just what I needed on this Sunday morning to have some respite from house and caring duties, just one little comment would you be so kind and not fly so low over Wigan. ( normally traffic is around 7000'. ) ha ha/

bob

Thanks for posting your video, really enjoyed it. Just what I needed on this Sunday morning to have some respite from house and caring duties, just one little comment would you be so kind and not fly so low over Wigan. ( normally traffic is around 7000'. ) ha ha/

bob

Oh that was you gesticulating to me when I flew over the "Flash"!;)

I normally don't side step Mirsi, as its part of the approach, but I was aware how long the flight was! With RC4 IAP facility, ATC wont pester you, since you are supposed to fly the correct approach!

Anyway nice view of The Reds!

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Looking forward to watching this - you really do a nice job on them..,

Thanks for posting.,.

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Oh that was you gesticulating to me when I flew over the "Flash"!;)

Yes that's right, did my dinghy sailing on the flash.

bob

Hi David,

Question - does MCE have voice sets with an American accent ?

Would it be possible to use the MS Speech engine voices with MCE ?

Regards,

Scott

Hi David,

Question - does MCE have voice sets with an American accent ?

Would it be possible to use the MS Speech engine voices with MCE ?

Regards,

Scott

Yep, it sure does!

Trav = From Virginia I think? :smile:

Bill = A Sullenberger accent!! :smile:

Dieter = German, very thorough!

Clive = A confident type

Jean-Claud = Very French

Stuart = Cool Englishman

William = An original Aussie

Andy = Very English, we call him The Butler!

And yes you can use the MS voices..Anna etc.

BTW I was testing out the Cruise figures from the chart you posted in the other thread.

At FL 430;

N1 = 82.7%. T.Temp = 518.  Fan 73.8%. F Flow = 950 Lb/Hr. (GTN 750 exactly same as Lear FF gauge! )  Efficiency = 0.4 Lb/Nm. Endurance = 2.21 hours. Range 984 Nm. temp -37c.

Pretty good match to the chart!

Cheers.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the information on MCE. The Ms speech voices are growing on me.

Yeah I've been meaning to do some comparisons with the charts as well. So in your post above the 900 plus miles is the range with full tanks?

From what I've read I think we should be getting anywhere from 1800 to 2200 miles with full tanks – there was an earlier post that mentioned changing the fuel consumption scaler in the aircraft config file.

Regards,

Scott

Yeah I've been meaning to do some comparisons with the charts as well. So in your post above the 900 plus miles is the range with full tanks?

No Scott, I did a PFPX profile and loaded up the fuel it suggested for a flight from EGHI (Southampton) to LOWI (Innsbruck). Not in the Flight Deck right now, but I think it was 3200 Lbs take off fuel?

By the time I had climbed, using the schedule in your table, I was at Fl 430 and over northern France. The "Range" was taken from the utilities fuel page in the GTN 750. I found that if you wait for the cruise to settle the GTN gives a good set of figures.

So depending upon our climb schedule, cruise altitude and N1, T Temp settings the range is correct. Full fuel is easily 2200 miles. It may not be a $120 simulation, but my ghosh they got so many things right its a hoot to fly. I got Mach .82 at Fl 430, but lost a little economy. Still kept within safe fuel for LOWI, had plenty in reserve.

Perhaps Gary will see this and chime in.

Happy simming.

David

Hi David,

Ah - ok great - yeah - I like it more every time I fly it...

Now if I can only stop my P3D from crashing every 1.25 hours or so ( not related to this plane )...

Spoiled my flight last night - KMYR to KMQY FL400 M .75 - had some weather in TN - right after TOD - crash to desktop...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott. What were you flying? I know Flysimware do a patch that removes excess VAS use in the Lear, by removing the dimmmer light function in the flight deck?

Over certain sceneries,in the Lear,(Orbx KSTS/KTVL) I see a dramatic drop in VAS available to just 300MB! On my limit of CTD! I would always look at VAS issues with the new version of P3dv3.4. They packed so many features in the sim I think its groaning under the weight!

Take a peak at the CTD thread here on Avsim. There are a couple of free utilities that will help diagnose CTD.

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Thanks... Yeah - the truly aggravating thing about this - is I had a seamless 3.2 that ran flawlessly four weeks ago - I don't think it ever crashed - - - then I had the bright idea to upgrade to 3.4 three weeks ago and have yet to complete a flight longer than 1.25 hours... Different planes - sceneries - flights - but - - - the exact same stuff that ran fine in 3.2... To add insult to injury - I deleted my 3.2 P3D install files thinking I could just download them again from "lockmart" - - - but au contraire - of course "lockmart" won't let you do that...

I've never really looked at VAS or disabled sceneries because I never had an issue - starting to look into this... Last nights flight only lasted 25 mins before crashing... Someone suggested a complete wipe of the OS and P3D - to start new - but we all know how painful that is - still - it might save my computer an unscheduled trip out the second floor window...

Regards,

Scott

it might save my computer an unscheduled trip out the second floor window...

I hear that!

I had P3d3.0 for a year. Flawless, smooth, no need to upgrade. Then because developers were upgrading their add ons, to run with the latest P3d, I surrendered and upgraded to the latest.

Personally, it runs the same as the original 3.0. However they have added many new features. The 3d graphic option of depiction of Jetways, airspace etc. must have altered the VAS usage. I just did two flights in the Lear. A flight from EGHI to Innsbruck (+1.5 hrs) VAS dropped from 1100 MB to 500 at LOWI. Then a flight over my hungry scenery. Orbx North California, KSTS Sonoma Co to KTVL Lake Tahoe. Start 800MB, end 300MB. (40 minutes) No CTD but close to doom!

My culprit is always VAS. FSUIPC has a gauge you can display. After every MCE verbal command you can display an on screen readout of VAS remaining!

Anything that runs inside P3d VAS is under suspicion! Stuff can bleed memory, even great software like Orbx. They have regions that draw triple the memory, compared to others. I see a bleed as add ons grabbing memory and then not giving it back! Bit like the taxman!

A fresh OS and P3d install won't solve much, you are putting the same files back in! My advice is download Malwarebtytes, CC Cleaner and Appcrashview. Run Malwarebtytes, then let CC Cleaner move any unwanted baggage, running Appcrashview gives a detailed diagnostic of what broke what!

Until they give us a 64 bit sim we are on one engine.

Good luck.

David.

Hi David,

Thanks - seems I have my work cut out for me...

Oh - one heads up in your video - sounds like you are using the "Default" RC4 voices... Just an FYI - in case you aren't aware - there is a "meatwater" mod where a sound engineer processed all the wav files to make them sound much better and a bit faster - I can't fly without it... Hopefully it's still in the lib - big files - very much worth the download and I highly recommend them...

Regards,
Scott

Hi David,

Very well done video - thanks! Two questions:

1. Should the spoilers be deployed at touchdown?

2. How can we stop that "Don't Sink" warning message when it is not appropriate -- very annoying.

Al