Sign in to follow this  
kiki

My first Flysimware - product (perhaps)

We "almost" had the most detailed 402 I've ever seen - actually the whole series A,B, & C - a gentleman who's progress I followed on FSDeveloper was making these a few years back - tragically he passed - and his work was lost... I keep this picture as a reminder...

ec2d1c6ac7dcc41efca2c0457a644d46_zpsn5ej

Regards,

Scott

I remember that thread!  Yes, I think he was almost in sight of the finish line when he passed away.  He even suggested that he could overcome licensing issues with Cessna.  Sadly, his work is forever gone.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi...

Hah - you have no idea - sigh - Tom Nevers Field (fictional name) - have the entire DVD collection and I'm sure I've seen every episode more than once... Just good wholesome relaxing entertainment from a simpler time - I still break them out on occasion... (now if I could only find WKRP with the original sound track somewhere - booger)

One of my first real trips after getting my license was Nantucket and I was a bit disappointed not see Helen behind the lunch counter...

We "almost" had the most detailed 402 I've ever seen - actually the whole series A,B, & C - a gentleman who's progress I followed on FSDeveloper was making these a few years back - tragically he passed - and his work was lost... I keep this picture as a reminder...

ec2d1c6ac7dcc41efca2c0457a644d46_zpsn5ej

Now if Bill Womack would complete HIS Nantucket - been anxiously awaiting its arrival for years...

:smile: :smile: :smile:

My first time to Nantucket:

DSC01330.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Of course I have the DVDs. I have seen all of them at least 2-3 times. We also visit Nantucket on our sailboat. An interesting diversion is to check up on Helen, Joe and Bryan to see where they are now!!

I have the C441 ,Mu2. and LR35.

The Mu2 would be my first choice because the actual aircraft is unique and that difference is well modeled.

All three aircraft are among my favourites and just get better the more you look at them.

They fly well and there is clearly a lot of effort put into making them fly "correctly"

Check that you can accept the Graphic quality by looking at YouTube Flysimware  videos.... I certainly can.

As a Lear and MU-2 owner, I agree. :-)

I was trying to put my finger on just what it is about the Lear and the MU-2, that makes me keep wanting to open the hangar door and fly them?

Sure the MU-2 doesn't have the "systems" modelling (or the flight deck graphics) that the Mjc Dash 8 has. The Lear doesn't have the photo realistic leather seats that the Caranedo Phenom has? (The Caranedo seats are actually better modelled than the UFC, that thing we look at more than the leather seats?? (Or should do)

But what Flysimware have done is make the MU-2 and Lear, somehow more compelling! Many folks would disagree here, but I know which hangar door I keep going to!:-)

I just get the feeling that Flysimware get certain things right, the things that arn't immediately obvious. So without going into a list, I have to say the proof must be in the flying. Perhaps I find them more relaxing than the other Sims? Also that if I had the doe, I would like to own the full size versions!

Happy sim flying!

David

• Upvote 1

^^^ Well said! These add-ons have a heart of gold! I have the Lear, C441, and the MU and I've found them all to be incredibly "honest" with regard to what the developer set out to accomplish. I think that's exactly the source of frustration with Carenado/Alabeo...5 minutes of drooling over visuals the first time you load the add-on, followed by days of frustration because they're buggy and lacking in general usability.

I hope Mark still browses this forum so he can see the appreciation we have here!

Boy - you guys are going to get me to pick up the MU2 during the next sale - aren't you...

:Tounge:

Regards,

Scott

Well, if you have half an hour or so. Skip over to my You Tube Channel, (click the signature link) where you can see a Christmas flight in the Moo two, to the mysterious Ayers Rock! You can meet my new co pilot as well. Gonna cost ya some more money though...LOL!

Happy Simming,

David

Guest JustanotherPilot

The Lear 35 with the GTN-750 - fun, performance and nice looking as well.

I will go with the c402 and the c441. By what I read their last updates added the integration of the REX/Milviz WX Radar to their cockpits!!!!

Just purchased it. ( that's the 402, already got the 441)you could upgrade the instrument and panel lights with FSlabs spotlights.. the landing lights seem to have an issue in P3D so will have to use the taxi lights.

eDujIxu.png

bob

The issue with landing lights in Prepare3D incorrectly reported, its now working.

jG2Kuj3.png

Hi Folks,

Since we kind of mentioned 402's, Cape Air, and Nantucket - I just looked on Bill Womack's website and KACK is in BETA now - and looks unbelievably fantastic... Honestly - I wouldn't expect anything less from him...

Click on Bill's blog posts for more pictures if you're interested...

http://iblueyonder.com/blog/

Capture98_zpszztnsok4.jpg

Yeah - I'll be buying this...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7