Sign in to follow this  
kiki

My first Flysimware - product (perhaps)

I have no Fsw -airplanes in my hangar. I have spent money from another company and bought some nice looking products which - thanks to many bugs - are pretty much useless. Now I am thinking - for the first time - to look at the Flysimware. C402 or C441 are the ones in my mind, perhaps not Learjet (quite tempting though).

IF I would purchase one of these, which one would be the best one. My preferences are:  no bugs - quite fast to fly - not too bad visually - more realistuc than the default and free wares but no too complicated ( I like to start the engines with Ctrl+E and pretty easy to use autopilot and FSX default ATC & navigation are good enough for me).

So, which way to go? To 402, 441, Learjet? Or should I look somewhere else?

Hallo Kiki,

If you prefer CTL-E for starting, you'd be better off with the 402.  The start procedure for the 441 is a little more complicated (there's video's available to watch that detail the process).  I've got both of them, and also Flysimware often gets "dinged" on forums for neat being as "pretty" as some other manufacturers, I've always enjoyed every one of their products.  You won't be disappointed with the 402!

Mark 

I would rather recommend the C441 because of the "quite fast to fly". And it is a bit more polished than the C402.

Startup can be almost as easy as Ctrl-E: In the Shift-1 popup click on "ready to start", then just press the two engine start buttons on the left side of the cockpit.

Yes, it is a bit more complicated than the C402, but not too much.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Yeah - as someone else recently mentioned to me - you can certainly see substantial improvement in Flysimware's quality with each model they produce... I believe the 402 was one of the earlier models - I've looked at all the screenshots I could find on the 402 - huge fan and been dying for a high quality Cape Air 402 - but the pix have put me off... I'm very happy with the quality of the Lear - if the 402 was ever updated to that level - I'd be all over it...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have the C402 and it is one of their earlier products.  Systems are modeled well, but being it is unpressurized, there is very little about the aircraft that is complicated.  It flies well, but the textures are nowhere near Carenado/Alabeo quality.  If you want a non-pressurized, twin piston engined aircraft that flies well and systems work as expected, but you don't need the ultimate eye candy, then the C402 is good to go.  Watch for it on sale, it can be quite a bargain.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi kiki,

Was just wondering if there was a reason you aren't considering the MU-2? It was my first Flysimware aircraft and I immediately fell in love with it. In terms of what you're after, it sounds like it fulfils your brief pretty well. They developed it with the help of a real-world MU-2 owner/pilot who supplied lots of photographs, data and sounds from his own aircraft. It sparked something of an obsession in me for the real-world aircraft and for months I wouldn't fly anything else in the sim! My landings in it are still terrible though... :( I also have the C441 and the Lear35A but to me it seems the MU-2 was a step-up from the C441 in terms of quality. There is also a much more comprehensive (and complete) set of YouTube tutorials for the MU-2 (by Flysimware themselves) for the MU-2. 

+1, the MU-2 is lots of fun.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I like the MU-2B, too, but it the cockpit is a little bit too cramped for my taste (in photos of the real aircraft, too, so not due to Flysimware's implementation), so the C441 wins here.

Flysimware's implementation of the MU-2B is a little bit better than for the C441, but only by a very narrow margin.

The MU-2B is 15% faster, here the MU-2B is again ahead a little bit, but is a little bit harder to fly.

The C441 has a higher service ceiling and 50% more range, so here the C441 wins clearly.

I own both (and the C402, but not the LJ35), but the cockpit and the range were deciding factors for me to prefer the C441.

My suggestion would be to wait for a 50% sale and then buy and try both :)

The MU-2 needs a little more than control + e to start. It replicates the Start Locks. The MU-2 was my first Flysimware aircraft. A lovely simulation of a Turbo prop. An unusual aircrafr, unique in many ways, with its features well simulated.

The Learjet is one of the most rewarding sim aircraft to fly, in my opinion!

Both these simulations have superb attention to detail. They have been worked on with a lot of love and attention. Look at all the service packs for the Lear in the past year? Both have more detail,the deeper you look!

I have some sims costing five times the price and get more fun out of these two Flysimware aircraft.

Regards

David

• Upvote 1

I have the C441 ,Mu2. and LR35.

The Mu2 would be my first choice because the actual aircraft is unique and that difference is well modeled.

All three aircraft are among my favourites and just get better the more you look at them.

They fly well and there is clearly a lot of effort put into making them fly "correctly"

Check that you can accept the Graphic quality by looking at YouTube Flysimware  videos.... I certainly can.

• Upvote 1

IF I would purchase one of these, which one would be the best one. My preferences are: no bugs - quite fast to fly - not too bad visually - more realistuc than the default and free wares but no too complicated

Don't forget the MU2, I have the 402,441,MU2 and the Lear, the MU2 is by far my favourite.

Boy - you guys are going to get me to pick up the MU2 during the next sale - aren't you...

:Tounge:

Regards,
Scott

Boy - you guys are going to get me to pick up the MU2 during the next sale - aren't you...

:Tounge:

Regards,

Scott

I think you'll really enjoy it! I particularly love the sound of those engines. There's a guy on YouTube 'drklain' whose channel I stumbled across looking for videos of MU-2. Turns out he helped Flysimware with the sounds, data and photographs from his own aircraft (N130MS) which is represented in the Flysimware package. A really kind, helpful guy who gave me loads of hints and tips on how to improve my atrocious landings in the MU-2. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Yeah - as someone else recently mentioned to me - you can certainly see substantial improvement in Flysimware's quality with each model they produce... I believe the 402 was one of the earlier models - I've looked at all the screenshots I could find on the 402 - huge fan and been dying for a high quality Cape Air 402 - but the pix have put me off... I'm very happy with the quality of the Lear - if the 402 was ever updated to that level - I'd be all over it...

Regards,

Scott

Are you by chance a "Wings" fan. My favorite TV series :)

Hi...

Hah - you have no idea - sigh - Tom Nevers Field (fictional name) - have the entire DVD collection and I'm sure I've seen every episode more than once... Just good wholesome relaxing entertainment from a simpler time - I still break them out on occasion... (now if I could only find WKRP with the original sound track somewhere - booger)

One of my first real trips after getting my license was Nantucket and I was a bit disappointed not see Helen behind the lunch counter...

We "almost" had the most detailed 402 I've ever seen - actually the whole series A,B, & C - a gentleman who's progress I followed on FSDeveloper was making these a few years back - tragically he passed - and his work was lost... I keep this picture as a reminder...

ec2d1c6ac7dcc41efca2c0457a644d46_zpsn5ej

Now if Bill Womack would complete HIS Nantucket - been anxiously awaiting its arrival for years...

:smile: :smile: :smile:

My first time to Nantucket:
DSC01330.jpg

Regards,
Scott