Sign in to follow this  
ankh21

CPU affinity

I really enjoy this piece of software:)

Just one little question: With the early versions it has been possible to set a certain CPU affinity. With the current version 0.1.83 the affinity is locked to the affinity mask setting in the p3d.cfg, when i enable autostart in the chaseplane preferences. So, the simulator and chaseplane use the same cores, which is not very useful in terms of performance:)

When i uncheck the autostart with the simulator, all CPU cores are available for chaseplane, but the software won't safe given cores to run on for the next start.

Matthias

Hello everyone: First of all, I apologize for English (it is Spanish translation). I also have problems with the assignment of CPU cores by CP for a few versions back. It seems that it was not active. I have tried several options: activating-deactivating dynamic assignment, activating-deactivating-changing the assignment from the cf3 of prepar3d, etc. I even seem to remember that the nuclei used in a given moment had been used before; Which is now totally static. Could you tell me something about it? Thank you very much and thank you for the program.

We are aware of some issues with the CPU affinity, I will work on that today

Regards,

Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I pushed an update fixing the CPU assignments

Let me know if that works for you both!

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey Keven,

thanks for that!! To assign certain cores manually seems to be not stable, some deactivated cores are back after restarting chaseplane. Is there a minimum number of cores the software needs (i gave 4 possible  threads / 2 cores to chaseplane)?

But the automatic assignment works like charm and switches chaseplane off the cores P3D is using. So the system is balanced much better! Well done!!

Regards,

Matthias

Thank you Keven, your work has borne fruit. In this latest version 0.1.84 the core assignment works correctly both in its dynamic mode and in the manual. Yes the configuration is saved from one time to another. I also appreciated it in a slight improvement in performance, but above all in the stability of the fps. Thank you very much.

Greetings to all. CPU Affinity no longer works? I do not see the kernels and dynamic affinity can not be turned on / off. This happens to me in both the normal and experimental versions. Thank you very much.

CPU assignments have been disabled for some users where we aren't able to get proper data from the CPU. We will be working on resolving this issue but it isn't a priority right now.

Thanks for asking!

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42