Sign in to follow this  
Akki

PMDG 737 NG Virtual cockpit "freeze" partly

Hi,

just installed the ground package for FSX and I am starting to understand the concept, however after some time of flying I am no longer able to "move around in the virtual cockpit" and in this sense restricted from engaging flaps, brake in the air or at the ground as FSX functions also not work any more.

Is there any command or action to "take back control" here?

Also creating company routes does not work for the NG version, only NGX as they are not stored at the same place?

Appreciate any help- its a great version when it works!

I have Windows 10 Pro and latest versions of i7 processor and 16 GB RAM.

Åke Friman

just installed the ground package for FSX

What is this? GSX maybe.

Sorry, I was a bit fluffy here, I mean that I have installed the Basic Package of PMDG 737 NGX - FSX  v. 1.14

Name on every post please Ake.

Please study the PMDG Introduction, it details how the various controls work with the mouse or pointing device.  As far as "move around in the virtual cockpit,"  I do not know if you mean pan left/right/up/down or moving the eyepoint.  Pan and zoom in FSX is done with the spacebar that toggles the pointing device on and off to use for pan and zoom.

The NG was the FS9 legacy product, there is not much in common but you should be able to use the same .rte files.  However, I really didn't understand your question.  Why are you asking if NG routes can be used for the NGX?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

I shall be clearer:

1) The pan is done with the mouse and space bar but what I tried to say was that this stops working after a while.

2) If I have created a Route in FS Build it is put automatically in the folder PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/NGX/ *.rte If I fly the NG version this file is not available, there is simply no NG folder. Why?

/Åke Friman

Thanks Ake.  If the mouse/spacebar method stops working it could be because another window or view has the focus.  Otherwise, you have to try to isolate what is happening unique to your configuration.  I've used trackball/spacebar control on some very long flights without any problem, nor have I seen problems reported in the forum. 

Your NG problem is odd.., are you still using the FS9 NG along side an installation of FSX based NGX?  If so, each simulator platform has separate file structures, you will not find a NG folder in the FSX installation.  The NG flightplans folder is in the FS9 file structure.  I get the feeling that I still don't understand the question.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, thanks for your reply.

It might be so that when I change view several times during a flight for instance 2D/3D and wing view it occur, I get locked as described above. But I did recently a flight without changing view from the cockpit and that went well.

I have no FS 9, this NG version came with the PMDG package. I have only FSX - I used the PMDG controller to download the SAS 737-800 livery where one aircraft is NGX with winglets and the other one is NG without winglets. Thats  all.

And the NG does not look after the company file under NGX folder naturally, creating a NG folder did not help even if I put a copy of the route there. Where does the NG look for the company file?

By the way- FSX gets "Fatal Error" every time I close FSX....strange

Åke Friman

I used the PMDG controller to download the SAS 737-800 livery where one aircraft is NGX with winglets and the other one is NG without winglets.

Ah okay..., that was confusing me because the product in all it's variations is call the PMDG 737 NGX and was introduced for FSX, the "NGX" distinguished the FSX version from the earlier FS9 PMDG 737 NG.  They are both Boeing Next Generation aircraft.

The Operations Center (you called it the controller?) has both a winged and non-winged PMDG 737-800 NGX SAS livery.  I still do not see a reference to NG, but that's not the question.  Both aircraft are almost exactly the same except for differences in textures applied to model skins.  They both look for routes in the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS and PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX folders.

FSX error on closing is a pretty common problem.  There are many many topics that you can chase with Google, or you can ignore it because it does no harm.

Dan Downs KCRP

Fine, thanks for the explanations. And yes, I ment the Operation Center, sorry.

The SAS livery of the 800 series come as- with winglets (Freja Viking) and without (Saga Viking), the latter is called NG in the FSX library of aircrafts. Nevertheless, ´they both work fine with the limitations regarding "freezing":

Suddenly the mouse pointer ( a cross or plus sign) when pressing space bar to enable panning in the 3d-cockpit changes to a "hand with a pointing finger" when pressing space bar, and the panning function is gone. I am not able to panning function again. It forces me to close FSX.

Åke Friman

The hand with a pointing finger indicates that the pointer is over a hot spot designated as a push button,   normally this has no affect on the toggle of mouse pan but something is interfering with that in your case.  What happens when you are unable to toggel mouse panning, do the mouse still function normally as a pointer (you can turn dials and press buttons)?  Does view reset (Ctrl+space) still work?

Check the keyboard assignments in FSX and make sure the settings for Mouse - view direction is set to space.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, I can turn buttons with left and right mouse button by holding down but not pan, today I could not turn off speed brake with the punction (.) icon either when the problem started, and could not move by panning to the speed brake as zooming didnt work either.

Will check the setup as you say

Åke Friman

It appears to be the UiAutomationCore.dll file, now when I changed from version 6.0.6001.8000 to an older version 6.0.5840.16386 it appears to work! Just tested one flight but it worked nicely. That was with the NGX plane but tomorrow I will test the NG version in my livery. Great thanks anyhow!

Åke Friman

Problem now back after a Windows update last night - UiAutomationCore.dll is the same as the one I thought solved the problem as above.

What can I do to finally solve this problem?? The problem occur after just some minutes now when preparing the aircraft (FMC) for flight!

Still no explanation or solution to this problem, neither by PMDG. Just questions about my keyboard, Mouse and joystick. Do not know where to start for searching the problem.