Sign in to follow this  
king1706

Quick question to the experts

Hi

I am new to the flight sim I have been using airbus from aerosoft for all the flights I am doing I have seen the PMDG I never used or own any here are couple of questions

1- is it easy to use I am not high tech to do a lot of configuration

2- where is the best web site to buy releable from

3- if the above are yes which plan I should start with ie: less complicated

4 - comparable with ATC x pro

Thanks for all your help

Hi:

Not an expert, but consider the following:

1. PMDG has two very good aircraft, the B737NG and the B777-200LR, both compatible with P3D and FSX (separate licenses required). They are complex aircraft, and to use them at its best, you'll have to read at least the introductory manual to properly setup the aircraft. They are also resource-intensive, so if your computer is good enough you'll not have any issues with them, but if you have a low/mid-end computer, you can expect trouble.

2. You should by the PMDG aircraft from its website (google PMDG).

3. Reading their introductory manuals is a must.

4. PRO-ATC/X is another addon, that simulates the ATC environment in an airliner, and pretty easy to use, that of course can be used with the PMDG aircraft or any other (like the Aerosoft Airbuses).

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello,

Welcome to that forum.

I'm not an expert either but:

1- Yes it is. The installation is pretty straightforward. Regarding configurations, you can setup your hardware devices directly through FSX default controls (and it is advised) and there are many keys assignable directly via a menu in the CDU.

2- You can buy it directly from the PMDG website (which I would recommend as it will easier to handle service pack and updates and you will have only one entity to deal with for support matters). You can however buy it also on Aerosoft website.

3- It is a difficult to answer that question because all PMDG's addons are very complex and come with a learning curve and it also greatly depends on your taste. I would say that the T7 is maybe one of the easiest because one of the most automated. If you forget about the failure system, it may be the quickest to start with because you can focus on flying and let the systems of the aircraft take care of themselves. However, you can get in the air pretty quickly for a visual pattern around an airport, but if you want ot perform an IFR flight, you will have to get your hands in the FMS and in the manuals anyway.

I guess it could be considered also the closest to the Airbus among the aircrafts proposed by PMDG in her philosophy despite a lot of differences.

Hope it helps.

By the way, one of the rules in PMDG's forum is to sign all your posts with your full names (either manually or in your signature, it is up to you).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks a lot as i am running prepar3d v3 I will stick with my current aerosoft and may be during the holidays Inwill have enough time to learn and use the PMDG once again many thanks

PMDG is very complex but very satisfying at the same time. Defiantly run though the tutorial flights, you will learn a lot. Also YouTube videos really helped me, Frogglesims fully loaded series for each aircraft is great.

Bought it after long hesitation and now learning how to setup a flight . I did get the PRO ATC and the PFPX and after learning it is easy to load the route from PFPX into both Pro Atc and FMDG  and I am able to load the weather engine in the PMDG from Rex essential one drive so I avoided the ASN for now. Still practicing and reading the manual how to perform a flight . It is little difficult than Airbus but very interesting and a great learning curve . My only problem that prepar3d latest update started to crash on me after doing a 2 hour flight and I am trying to find the best tweaks  to avoid that 

Thanks for everyone input 

Amr 

My only problem that prepar3d latest update started to crash on me after doing a 2 hour

Do you have the reports from your Windows OS?. Are you sure your crashes are not due to OOM (Out of Memory)?. Do you get any messages from P3D when you have the crashes?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello Ed

Thanks for responding yes the crash was due to OMM message not my system capabilities as I do have high end computer and a very powerful video card, but I guess as mentioned above due to prepar3d runs on 32bits it do that. I also found that when using the airport CYYZ ( toronto) which I bought the sim crashes at the beginning when I changed it it worked . 

I did also found that I was double on programs for the same results for example I was using ASN and same time REX plus essential both are weather engines which I chooses REx as it loads straight in my PMDG . 

I was also running Rex essential one drive textures and same time Rex textures with soft clouds and both are for the same purpose. 

When I minimized the usage to one program for each concept I did a three hours flight no problem . I will keep testing and update if anything happened. 

I am not sure how to get the reports from windows I am not that high tech if there is simple steps I can get them and post them 

Thanks for your help and Happy new year 

Amr