Sign in to follow this  
mrdfw

Windows 10 64 versus Win 7 64 for FSX,

Recently downgraded to Windows 7 64 after having lag and shutter issues with FSX,  Should I have stuck with Windows 10 64 and just did re install ,   what have users noticed with clean install with Windows 10,  when I upgraded to Windows 10,  I did the free offer upgrade, rather than clean install,  Thanks,

Ray Vlasek

I did an upgrade of Win 10 over Win 7 with no issues other than installing Win 10 drivers.  Not sure what caused your lag and stutter issues as many here are using Win10 without a hitch.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Same with me. Just had to update graphics drivers. All perfect.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I've never 'upgraded' an operating system - always a fresh install.  There is so much junk left in the registry after an upgrade that you're asking for trouble.  

Or perhaps it's just my CDO kicking in - I like things to be clean and fresh  :hi:

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

I'm running FSX in win10 pro 64 no issues other than a problem with RXP gauges. Been on Windows 10 for about 9 months. I went with the upgrade on win 7 then formated and did a clean install of win 10

Scott

I've been with Windows 10 from the beginning. I just updated Windows 7 Home, & everything has been perfect from day 1.

No formatting, or anything else. Maybe I've been lucky. :smile:  :dance: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

After giving Windows 10 some time, and watching for the kinks to get worked out, I made the switch. Running both P3D v3 and X-Plane 10 flawlessly on Windows 10 at the moment.

Connor Anderson