Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] How to disable mouse scroll zoom?

See topic title. I constantly zoom in or out whenever I want to do something in the VC, also because I use TrackIR and my view isn't totally steady. I can't find any mouse options anywhere.

Muwahaha welcome to über tiny clickspots in XP.

I think it's all hard coded. It gets really tricky when some devs allow mouse wheel scrolling of knobs , yet create minuscule clickspots - enjoy zooming in and out while tuning freqs lol

This is a big downside of XP. I'd suggest macro or setup a button on your stick to pause Track IR. Also turn off Cinema Verte (I think it's called)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you don't have      x camera      get it :smile:....

See topic title. I constantly zoom in or out whenever I want to do something in the VC, also because I use TrackIR and my view isn't totally steady. I can't find any mouse options anywhere.

If you don't have X Camera get it .....

Muwahaha welcome to über tiny clickspots in XP.

I think it's all hard coded. It gets really tricky when some devs allow mouse wheel scrolling of knobs , yet create minuscule clickspots - enjoy zooming in and out while tuning freqs lol

This is a big downside of XP. I'd suggest macro or setup a button on your stick to pause Track IR. Also turn off Cinema Verte (I think it's called)

LOL Yes, those clickspots are quite small... I already have a TIR pause button on my joystick: guess I have to use that more often. But odd that this zoom can't be disabled.

Cinema Verte...say what? I will Google for what the heck that is. EDIT Oh, a wobbling camera... and it's 'verite'. ;) I already had that disabled.

If you don't have x camera get it :smile:....

If you don't have X Camera get it .....

Sounds like something I need to get...? ;) I will also Google for this!

Sounds like something I need to get...? ;) I will also Google for this!

Yes! It is 'EZDOK' of X-Plane but much better and without all the hassles.

I know this is an old post, but how does X.-Camera help with this problem? I cannot find a setting in it to disable mouse wheel zoom.

Helge Rasmussen

On 7/30/2017 at 2:12 AM, Helge Rasmussen said:

I know this is an old post, but how does X.-Camera help with this problem? I cannot find a setting in it to disable mouse wheel zoom.

I couldn't figure out this in X-Camera too.  But I came across this plugin that does the trick:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/21068-x-scrollwheel-control-the-behaviour-of-your-mouse-wheel/