Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Crossfill support for RXP units?

I have the F1 GTN 650 and 750 units and to my disappointment, there's no crossfill support whatsoever. I have mentioned to them about adding this, but it's been almost 2 years and nothing.

So I'm really hoping that RXP units will have crossfill support. I know the RXP GNS 430/540 units had this feature and it's really useful. Do the GTN units have crossfill? and if not, will there be any plans for adding it in a future update?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

We can't disclose all our plans about this publicly, suffice to say our GTN don't support cross fill officially yet, however it is in the pipeline.

Besides, our upcoming new GNS WAAS simulation product should support cross fill.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

GNS WAAS as in the GNS 430/530 units? Will this be compatible with X-Plane 10/11?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes! There is a discussion in our FS forum here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/497341-does-gns-530w-xpgns-waas-for-fsx-work-in-fsx-steam-edition/

Not much to say about this yet more than what is in this thread, but in short it is a completely written from scratch new GNS WAAS simulation product, compatible with all major sims, with some goodies I cannot disclose for now... hopefully soon!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Cool, but can you tell me how it compares to the default built-in GNS 430/530 in X-Plane 10/11? The one in XP is already pretty decent, so I'm just curious what will make RXP's version better?

Hi,

The X-Plane 11/10 GPS is a great step from XP9’s and Phillip has done a fabulous job with it, I concur.

I don’t think it is a matter of which one is better for a simple reason: these units are so feature-packed, the answer depends mostly on your level of confidence and knowledge of the units.

The RXP GNS 530 WAAS and GNS 430 WAAS are authentic simulations of the real units since the code driving the GNS simulation is the very same code running the real units.

This offers an unprecedented level of knowledge transfer from the sim to the cockpit, in that not only the  symbology and the information layout is the exact same, but also the interaction with the unit is the exact same. This means the RXP GNS 530 WAAS and GNS 430 WAAS train your muscle memory in addition to acquiring the knowledge of the many features of the units.

In addition, the RXP GNS offers integrated TAWS and integrated TCAD. These are very useful piloting aid and let’s you train with these technologies for a mere fraction of what costs a 30 minutes flight.

Obviously both also offer cross fill and autopilot links. However, the algorithm computing the autopilot "course to steer" in the RXP GNS units is the same as found in the real units, and I’ve not done extensive differences between the two but I’m confident the RXP GNS drives the A/P like the real unit.

The RXP GNS 530 WAAS and GNS 430 WAAS gives you the authentic gauge experience. They are ideal for any experienced or future pilot, looking to acquire and master new skills with actual hands-on experience of how a real unit would work in a real aircraft.

They are also unmatched for anyone looking after non-approved at-home personal training, for staying proficient with advanced GPS navigation and modern avionics.

Hi, what do your mean with "LinkGPS" function? What is this supposed to be?

RXP legacy GNS units have a LinkGPS parameter that indicates that flightplan data is shared with FSX.

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

RXP legacy GNS units

I should have known better LOL!

If this is what it is about in the question, then it is not yet implemented in the GTN because the X-Plane SDK is not updated yet. Once it gets updated with the new functions to program the new XP11 FMS system, then we will consider this capability!

Hello, 

I use 2xGTN750 units in my aircraft. When I load a flight plan in unit 1 it is only actual on unit 1, but unit 2 seems to be unaware about it. Is there a sort of working crossfill between the 2, like it used to be in the past with GNS530/430 units? Do I need to change something in RXP*.ini or the crossfill has not been implemented yet?

Thanks.