Sign in to follow this  
joomie

What planes for X-Plane support GTN 650/750 VC integration?

This is looking nice, and will fit with our new GNS WAAS for XPlane too.

Thank you for sharing!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Now all I need is a 3D model of a GTN 650, and we'll have a significant upgrade for this old bird. Thanks again for the tips, Tom!

Now this is nice. Creating a 3D model should not be difficult.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Can I use it on XP10 with Carenado Seneca V ? Does it will interact with carenado G500 ?

Hi all,

I tried to do a vc install of the gtn 750 into the default xplane 11 baron 58 using the ini file(s) listed earlier in this post and the best I can get is that I can see the top left corner (comm area) of the gtn 750 inside the lower right area of the default garmin 530 screen, and clicking on it works...the freqs change n stuff....but no matter how I have tried changing the  frame.rect values it does not move any further over/up.  Also...bringing up a popup window does not work at all yet.  

I use xplane in VR with occulus rift and fly-inside and for some reason, unlike other external windows, the  window for the gtn 750 cannot be imported into Vr, so the only way to use it seems to be if I can install it in the VC....I do see the corner of the gtn 750 in VR as well as without Vr...

Thanks in advance....any help from the pros will be greatly appreciated...I am brand new to this and to doing anything with the planemaker app but willng to try if that is what it takes...  

tim   

Hi Tim,

The popup window is not different than any other window and should display like any other too. However, v2.4.9 RC uses a different type of X-Plane SDK window as a first step toward supporting XP 11.1 pop out windows (it won't pop out yet, but the code is preparing the change). Do you mean when using VR, the popup window won't show even with v2.4.9 RC? It might be a limitation of 11.1beta for now.

Nevertheless, adding a 'rendering view' of the GTN in the 3D cockpit requires having a 'rendering surface' already defined in the 3D panel, as X-Plane, unlike FltSim, doesn't allow one to simply 'add' a gauge in the cockpit, simply because there are no gauges in X-Plane, but plugin code rendering every frame instead. This is why we have to resort to our configuration file (RealityXP.GTN.ini) which has provisions to setup additional rendering views. These in turn gives instructions to our plugin to draw what and where when X-Plane tells our plugin it is time to draw.

You might want to download our GNS User's Manual from our web site and read the Baron 58 tutorial. This will give you essential knowledge about this process.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi, 

Thanks for the  quick reply...

Lets see....first, I am using XPlane 11.10 with the latest 1.83 version of fly-inside....works very well. 

Yes, when in VR clicking on the visible corner of the Gtn 750 I see will activate the buttons but it does not pop out to become more readable...no sure if it is supposed to or if it is not just because my gtn 750 VC install is not correct.  Thats kind of a secondary problem right now....after just getting the VC installed...but is important eventually because if the gtn750 is like the g1000 glass cockpits, it wont be very clear in Vr without the popout. I just purchased the Gtn750 two days ago for this purpose so I'm pretty sure I have the latest....at least trying to update said I did....

Not sure what needs to be done to have a 'rendering surface' already defined in the 3D panel...I saw that I can drag n' drop a garmin 530 onto the 3d panel inside Planemaker....but if that is what you mean...don't I have to get a Gtn 750 representation into the cockpit equipment dock for that?  I don't know how to do that at this point...I'm brand new with planemaker....or is that something that has to be done with an app like Blender which I see mentioned here and there on the forums (Been looking at a lot of forum messages for the last two days!).

I thought I had the GNS users manual already and read through it a couple of times but did not see a Baron 58 tutorial....maybe I'm looking at the wrong doc?  I downloaded it when i downloaded the app.  I will look again because that may be just what I'm looking for.  

Additionally, in case it helps you guys, and just FYI...most apps like mapping apps or text files etc...just about anything launched outside of fly-inside/Xplane but visible on the desktop, can be 'imported' into VR and should up 'floating' in the cockpit.  For some reason that does not work with the Gtn750...when you select the import window feature in VR the Gtn750 does not show up in the list of available windows to be imported....Not sure why..,

Thanks again for the prompt reply...really appreciate it and I hope you can understand my 'jargon'...

tim

Hi Tim,

The version from the website is v2.4.8. The first topic in this forum has the link to download v2.4.9 RC (release candidate). The 'RC' has the different window scheme I'm mentioning.

The GTN displays in-sim, in a X-Plane controlled window. It is not an operating system window. Their latest SDK and 11.1 now offers the tools for popping out the windows (like their default GPS) but it is not implemented yet in the GTN because XP11.1 is a beta and not all is working. Once XP11.1 is official out of beta, we'll follow through with the update to the GTN to support the pop out windows (if we managed to, so far it looks promising though).

I'm referring to the GNS User's Manual for X-Plane, not the GTN User's Manual.

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't realize the release candidates were not included or mentioned as available from the upgrade selection.  I will dl that version and give it a try when I get back home.  If it is put into a window I should be able to suck it into vr and use it as I do the map apps I'm using now.  That would be perfectly usable until the pop out update is complete.  It should have occurred to me that that window was a self running app and not inside a window...  If your looking for beta testers (in VR) for your pop-up work, I would be happy to help....

With the new update, do I still need to enter the frame.rect  info or does the plugin figure that out now? 

The guide I have been looking at is a 17 page doc I got from the RealityXp website.  I don't remember the exact title...

Thank you, I can't wait to give it a try!

tim

You'll find the tutorial page 16 and 17 of the GNS V2 X-Plane User's Manual.

The plugin 'rendering' settings don't change with v2.4.9 either. You still tell X-Plane where to render using the frame.rect entry!

the only two aircraft that dont play nice with rxp are the carenado b200 completely unusable and the stma pc12 does work sort of but doesnt integrate with the hsi.