Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Drzewiecki Design set to snub FS9

Another good source of sceneries is the IVAO website for the country you're interested in, in this case Turkey:

https://ivaotr.org/sceneries

If there's a dead link, try pasting the website url into the Browse History bar of the Wayback Machine:

https://archive.org/web/

It would be good if DD or anyone develop Istambul Ataturk airport for FS2004.

It would be good if DD or anyone develop Istambul Ataturk airport for FS2004.

Hi Claudio, Gokhan Bayrakdar did it in 2008. Search the library here for LTBA 2008, also there are 4 updates by Nuhaid Abdulkhaleq to download which make this scenery payware quality, honestly it's outstanding.

Hey, you can't fault Drzewiecki Design for their decision; they have to go where the Market share is!

Besides... there's literally tons of Freeware Scenery out there!

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hi Claudio, Gokhan Bayrakdar did it in 2008. Search the library here for LTBA 2008, also there are 4 updates by Nuhaid Abdulkhaleq to download which make this scenery payware quality, honestly it's outstanding.

Hi A32xx!

I've downloaded it. Thanks for your help.

It is a good scenery but it is the first generation of the photoscenery airport.

Thanks for all the ideas for 'new scenery' that some of us have not heard of.

We do thank Drzewiecki Design for what they have given if for or FS2004 hobby.

Whilst we lost a developer, we gained a few ideas that we would not have discovered before.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Bad news from them...

Today, I've received this from DD:

"A bad news for some of our customers might be the one FS2004-related. Indeed, starting from 2017 we will not be producing any FS9 content. In the latest months the interest was so low that it would be totally unpractical to support that sim any longer, especially that in 2017 you are having great alternatives such as Prepar3D, X-Plane or possibly Aerofly. On the other hand it became very difficult to move P3D products into FS9 without losing much visual quality which we are not interested to do at all. I hope this is fully understandable and our loyal FS2004 customers will move forward with us and the rest of the market.

We are hoping to bring you even more immersion and happiness from the hobby we all love. Stay tuned for our new releases and if you have any questions or suggestions for the future, don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy New Year!

Drzewiecki Design
Stanislaw Drzewiecki
"

Game over for our FS9. No more sceneries from Drzewiecki Design for FS9. :sad: :cray:

Game over for our FS9. No more sceneries from Drzewiecki Design for FS9.

Do not go silent into that long night ...

• Upvote 1

As much as I still love FS2004, I understand their decision.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

The fs9 market is totally loaded with stuff so it is not interesting to make new products. In the usa almost every airport has a version in fs9. I think Europe is also pretty complete.

Fs9 is a typical flightsim for busy airports, lots of ai and runs very good for people who love to fly airliners. There are still a lot of downloads for fs9 for example at jcai.dk and the specific flightplan area at AIG.

I really think it is sad that the big developers have stopped making addons for fs9. Airports like Memphis and Seattle would have been great fun for me in fs9. No problem. I still use the beautiful FlyTampa KSEA and thats just fine. But a new version would have been nice.

I have a high end pc. I gave fsx a try but in the normal install without tweaking it gave me a feeling that it was not okay to run. So I unistalled fsx and started fs9 again. Fully tweaked, fully loaded with tons and tons of ai-traffic, all the eye-candy addons, all my beautiful aircraft. It runs like a dream, also at the busiest airports like JFK and ORD.

No way. I will not make the next step to another sim.

• Upvote 2

@Meesterlijk, I couldn't say it better. No way!

I removed FSX to keep space for FS9.

• Upvote 2

@Meesterlijk, I couldn't say it better. No way!

I removed FSX to keep space for FS9.

I couldn't agree more! In the not to near future I will run XP11 in parallel, but I tried FSX and didn't like it.

As long as the Membership continues to reveal all of the FS9 'Easter Eggs' that are still out there waiting to be discovered, then we're in good shape. Every day someone out there introduces us to a 'new' Scenery (at least to me) that works well, has loads of Features, and isn't a resource hog...

Alan  :smile:

• Upvote 1

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I bought FSX, installed it, ran it for 5 minutes and then discarded it just so that I could legitimately say that I have owned and flown every version of our sim that Microsoft produced.

Not sure what that says about me though, if anything!!

Dijvid

I re-read my post and I found out that I said something about Jcai and AIG that can be interpreted in the wrong way.

What I meant is that at these sites is visible how many fs9 downloads there are in compirason to fsx. Still a lot of fs9 downloads so there are still very very many people who are using fs9.

I still have some silent hope that one day a developer will stand up and starts making beautiful new sceneries for fs9.

:-)

I re-read my post and I found out that I said something about Jcai and AIG that can be interpreted in the wrong way.

What I meant is that at these sites is visible how many fs9 downloads there are in compirason to fsx. Still a lot of fs9 downloads so there are still very very many people who are using fs9.

I still have some silent hope that one day a developer will stand up and starts making beautiful new sceneries for fs9.

:-)

Lets pray about this...