Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Drzewiecki Design set to snub FS9

Drzewiecki Design are the latest developers set to snub us FS9 users :(....here's what they said on their Facebook page about one of their latest product updates ..""The product should be available in stores tomorrow. The update will cost only 12eur (+tax) for customers who previously bought any version of PA vol.2 X. The FS2004 version is currently not under development."".. Sad news

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

It's a 13 year old sim. I wouldn't call it a snub as much as just a natural expectation.

• Upvote 9

Hardly , not every one has a PC that's able to run FSX , plus any one using P3D for their own home personal use is breaking the law with the Licence agreement .

• Upvote 1

ugcx_banner.png

Guess you want updates for FS8 as well? 

Hardly , not every one has a PC that's able to run FSX , plus any one using P3D for their own home personal use is breaking the law with the Licence agreement .

The law or an EULA? Very different things. Please dont start this senseless debate up. 
  • Upvote 6

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Crap. There's a cop standing outside my window right now. He clearly just saw the P3D splash screen and heard me say "yeehaw!!" Going to the clinker now boys!

• Upvote 3

It's a 13 year old sim. I wouldn't call it a snub as much as just a natural expectation.

I always thought that when people bring up how old FS9 is I thought it is a stupid argument. FSX is a 10 year old sim (or is it 11?) does that mean in 2 years will developers backing away from FSX stuff?

• Upvote 2

I always thought that when people bring up how old FS9 is I thought it is a stupid argument. FSX is a 10 year old sim (or is it 11?) does that mean in 2 years will developers backing away from FSX stuff?

No but I don't know why people keep on insisting developers continue to develop for a sim that is very old especially when its successor has been out for almost 11 years. You can't expect a developer to keep spending resources on developing for a sim that fewer and fewer people are using. I'm sure their sales of FS9 addons have shown them that it isn't worth the time and resources for the return they are getting. They have a business to run too.

Samuel Scully

Woe is me... I feel so snubbed!! Bwaaaa!

Knock, Knock..... looking through the peep hole, I spy the dreaded Men in Black!! (2 of them!) :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

'No, sir!!' It was not me, I was most certainly NOT being entertained of having fun!' :dance: 

'Sigh!!'  (Pleeeeeze, no, not again! Not yet another EULA post!)

Anyhow, thanks to all the freeware developers that keep us happy with our teen-age sim. :hi: 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Thats because MS themselves published FSX to be a full successor to FS9. No one has published a "consumer" flight sim based on the MSFS code since and in that time, FSX has a far longer time to mature than FS9 because most have already migrated.

But god willing, a next gen sim will come from DTG or P3D in the coming year which will eventually eclipse all of this. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

FSX has a far longer time to mature than FS9 because most have already migrated.

Utter rubbish! FS9 came before FSX & is still maturing. Can FSX have sloping runways or ramps as freeware?

Look at Full Enviroment 9 (FE9_v1_3.zip) & Howard's TNW, as well as the many developers out there, such as Milton & his team.

As far as maturity goes, we all know how FSX users spend more time tweaking the sim than actually using it.!

Thats because MS themselves published FSX to be a full successor to FS9. No one has published a "consumer" flight sim based on the MSFS code since and in that time

This certainly does not mean that there is nothing else out there.  Flightgear is actually quite good, as a freeware product!..

Anyway..

:t0152: 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Drzewiecki Design is scenery, have a world full of that already. Farewell, thanks for dropping by. :hi:
Everyone is developing for the other sims but I can't even get a 2D panel in most of those planes. All my many planes have 2D panels in FS9 and I like 2D panels. :dance:

If people aren't noticing, everyone here is always happy! It's a constant celebration with FS9! :Party:

:drinks:

• Upvote 2

Mark Daniels