Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Drzewiecki Design set to snub FS9

plus any one using P3D for their own home personal use is breaking the law with the Licence agreement .

Still trying to figure out how this relates to the topic?

If DD decides to drop support for an aging and non-progressive sim, then that's their decision.  Developers know that the money maker revolves around evolving sims.  P3D is progressing just as XP is as well.  DTG is maintaining FSX, but nothing groundbreaking is coming from their camp.  Even the supposed upcoming DTGFS is up in the air (excuse the pun), so to be fair to FSX, that's three sims and plenty more airports to be released to them, I think the devs have a rather large plate to work with right now.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

But that same point about being old can be turned around on those making it. FSX is 10 years old. Are some of you really so poor that 13.5 years after FS9, you still haven't upgraded your computer? And if you are, I can sympathize with that, but you can't expect developers to develop for a 13.5 year old platform forever. The further you get from 2003, the less acceptable 256 max ground resolution becomes for example. It looks like a blurry mess.

It's not like there's a shortage of already released FS9 products out there for you. Plenty to keep you guys busy without bashing companies that make logical moves to cut production eventually.

My computer can run FSX good. I choose to stay with FS9 because I don't want to go through the trouble of installing FSX then converting all my AI textures to DDS and converting my AI flightplans to FSX days. That would literally take weeks to do! And with all the addons I have my FS9 looks good and runs good.

Eventually I will move on from FS9 and when that day comes it will be to P3D. There are some things in FSX I just don't like.

• Upvote 1

I choose to stay with FS9 because I don't want to go through the trouble of installing FSX then converting all my AI textures to DDS and converting my AI flightplans to FSX days. That would literally take weeks to do!

Converting the flight plans to FSX format is a good idea and can be done with a batching tool that takes minimal time, BUT, converting your AI textures to dds format is not at all necessary and isn't going to make any performance difference. Even FSX native payware AI programs for FSX come with bmp textures. Not sure why you thought you needed to convert the textures to FDA format, but it's not necessary at all. The only thing that is a good idea is to míp map your AI textures, but this can also be done with a batch converter and is a good idea for both FS9 and FSX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hardly , not every one has a PC that's able to run FSX , plus any one using P3D for their own home personal use is breaking the law with the Licence agreement .

+1

• Upvote 1

Hardly , not every one has a PC that's able to run FSX , plus any one using P3D for their own home personal use is breaking the law with the Licence agreement

For goodness sake, :aggressive:   :Talking Ear Off:  how many times must we have guys playing 'Big Brother' & policing us & telling us what we can or cannot do??

​It's a flipping game, & whatever WE want to do is up to us to decide, we do not need trolls to admonish us at all!!

If I want to be entertained, I'll get my fix from the largest gaming distributor out there. If I want to learn, I'll use a 'Not for entertainment' product!!

If I want to use any product/device/software I want to, it's up to me & my consience to decide if I want to do it. I do not need any member of the public to wave their finger at me, or tell me what to do. :Silly: 

:Talk to the Hand: ENOUGH ALREADY!! :Shame On You: 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

If my laptop has Dx10, I would actually get P3D, irrespective of what keenrw says.

But, as this IS a FS2004 forum, ..... my 3x very tweaked versions of FS2004 teach & entertain me, perfectly!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

If I want to be entertained, I'll get my fix from the largest gaming distributor out there. If I want to learn, I'll use a 'Not for entertainment' product!!

If this is a reference to the difference between P3D and FSX:SE, you may be misinformed. Apart from bathymetry, which is irrelevant if you're not flying something with floats, I've yet to hear about the killer realism or learning feature that's in P3D that isn't in FSX or FSX:SE.  By realism, I mean meaningful realism and not just eye candy like cockpit shadows.

NO, it's not a reference to the difference between P3D & FSX at all, & I'm certainly not misinformed at all, nor was the posting an opening to discuss & debate the differences between the two at all. Nor is it an opening to discuss what we hear or have not heard abour realism & features, & our perception thereof.

Maybe get back to discussing FS2004 & Drzewiecki?? 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

If I want to use any product/device/software I want to, it's up to me & my consience to decide if I want to do it. I do not need any member of the public to wave their finger at me, or tell me what to do.

Far be it from me to wag my finger at you, I was just agreeing with the posters rwaction when somebody wagged a finger at HIM telling him he should drop FS9 already :nea:

:hi: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

NO, it's not a reference to the difference between P3D & FSX at all, & I'm certainly not misinformed at all, nor was the posting an opening to discuss & debate the differences between the two at all. Nor is it an opening to discuss what we hear or have not heard abour realism & features, & our perception thereof.

Maybe get back to discussing FS2004 & Drzewiecki?? 

Sure...er...maybe calm down at the same time?  :rolleyes:

Hardly , not every one has a PC that's able to run FSX , plus any one using P3D for their own home personal use is breaking the law with the Licence agreement .

To my best knowledge, violating an EULA that you agreed to is not a criminal offense (at least not in my country). You are breaking a contract, not the law. This will be taken up in a civil court, no police or MIB would care.

The law is what in turn gives the other party the right to revoke your license. The worst that could happen, apart from losing your money, is being sued for damages, fraud or software piracy; for example if you lied and tricked the proprietor into giving you a product that you are not entitled to have (= that he would not have sold to you otherwise).

LORBY-SI

Anyhow, due to bad performance of all FSX, P3D and XP11 I am using FS9.

I want detailed airports, lots of planes flying around, and good FPS and heavy weather.

FS9 gives me that, and its 2 year younger sister doesn't. Period.

• Upvote 2

Anyhow, due to bad performance of all FSX, P3D and XP11 I am using FS9.

I want detailed airports, lots of planes flying around, and good FPS and heavy weather.

FS9 gives me that, and its 2 year younger sister doesn't. Period.

I can relate to that. I've never used FS9, having started out with FSX, but performance has always been a bit of a pain with my low-end PC. I've often been tempted to install a copy of FS9 instead just to see how it would work. I never did, in the end, because I have too much FSX-specific stuff that I like, and also I knew I'd be upgrading at some point, which I'm now doing. I can completely understand how someone who is happy with FS9 and has invested a lot in it would want to stick with it.