Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Heading to Fiji!

Sadly, she is just a bunch of recycled aluminium now, as the last pics I saw of her were up on blocks, stripped of all her resealable parts, ready for her fate. :sad:

But at least she lives on in flightsim!  I always like seeing this one around KLAX, very colorful and goes to one of the most exotic places on earth.

hNHiva.jpg

pDmzNe.jpg

Dw5YGn.jpg

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Love the color and art.....Bye Bye sheet metal airplanes, hello carbon fiber!

HLJAMES

Hi Steve,

Nice to see you haven't lost your knack - that's a fine looking ship...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks.

Nice shots of a beautiful plane!.

I think it could be a good idea to indicate on which simulator are the pictures taken from (and add-ons, if possible, considering that we have very good simulators now (P3D and X-Plane 11 mainly).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks guys!

HL, I'm all for modern technology making our planes better in every way, I just wish this airframe could have had a BCF conversion or something to keep her gracing the skies.  I guess she may have reached the end of her hull life, but either way its always a sad site to see the Queen being chopped up.

Hey Scott, I get inspired to paint when I have a plane I'm interested in flying that needs a livery I want.  :smile:   Its a nice skill to have as you can imagine, and I would have not painted nearly as much as I have recently if the painting tools I use had not been updated to where they are now.  I'm mostly referring to the tools we use to get the textures on the model.  The actual painting part has never really been the issue for me, but that's only half of the entire process it takes to get a paint finished and ready for distribution.  

Even though this is my 3rd paint for the iFly 747, it will be my 1st release as the other 2 are freighters, waiting for the F model (or BCF) to be released.

Ed, you're right we should be including that info as the sims are sometimes hard to differentiate.  This is P3d, and as noted above I painted this for the iFly 747.  The scenery in the background is FSFT KLAX, AS not on in the pics, but if I mention it in the future, I'm still on ASN not 16. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I just finished her.

I'll be packaging and uploading her to both Avsim's and iFly's library. (I'll have to figure out how to upload to iFly as I've not done that yet.

Enjoy the 'Glam' shots of her.  I think those tail (and winglet) colors against a deep blue sky look rather striking.  :smile:

uRuXRb.jpg

6CKynb.jpg

SsKa2U.jpg®

I'll post my usual "release" photo of her when I have her uploaded.

I'm going to enjoy taking her to Fiji...one of my "Bucket List" destinations in real life. (Very bummed I won't be taking the trip on this beauty)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

The Queen's L@@king Great!! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick