Sign in to follow this  
phildaby

Missing MSSTDFMT.DLL

Hello

I have bought a new version of RC4 and installed as Administrator with virus and firewall disabled.  I was able to register with the key I was given and when I try to use the program I get the following message

Class not registered

You need the following file to be installed on your machine

MSSTDFMT.DLL

I am using OS Windows 10 WITH Intel-Core i7-6500 CPU @ 2.5GHz  2.60 GHz.  Please advise a solution or provide a new download link.

I am running the program as Administrator.

Thanks

Phildaby (Phillip)

A search of this forum for registration issues shows this has been answered...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/476766-msstdfmtdll-error-with-p3d-v30/#entry3313844

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I did a reinstall of the old exe. file after a computer build, it installed and did not ask for a key, when I tried to open an FSX flight plan I get a message saying

"Run time error. 713

class not registered, need file MSSTDFMT.dll"

seems  s like it should have asked for a key to install.

How can I fix this

ress

ress,

You need to register that DLL. Follow the instructions in the post above yours.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray Proudfoot,

I've spent countless hours roaming the net and these forums for current support with regards to your software.

First it was the unacceptable length of time it took to re-register the software I had purchased some ten years ago, only to discover now yet more hurdles are required in order to utilize this software.

I, like many are suffering the ''MSSTDFMT.dll file missing''.

Considering there hasn't been a software update since it's conception, I personally think it would be a handy idea.

So please, can we have some easy to find ''fixes'' for said software.

Regards

Keith

@tritone, Firstly, it’s not my software. I don’t know how you’ve come to that conclusion. I help out here as a former member of the beta team. The developers only help when you email them. Search the many topics for Doug Thompson.

That file is part of the VB Run-time files. If you search for them they can be downloaded preferably from a secure site like Microsoft.

Once all DLLs are registered the software will work as well as it did 10 years ago. Just make sure you’re using the latest versions of FSUIPC and MakeRunways.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather