Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Impressions/input/advice on this prebuilt system - price/quality/speed/value

Seems like a lot of PC for the price.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

That's what I thought after looking at other vendors. But then again there is always something it seems that the novices miss that the hardware guru's will catch.

Thanks!

Bob

Well that certainly looks like a bargain. I wonder what a "stock" cooler is? Just fans? no heat-sink system for the cpu?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Well that certainly looks like a bargain. I wonder what a "stock" cooler is? Just fans? no heat-sink system for the cpu?

From what I understand, most say they are a little noisy and would be fine if you are not overclocking. So, that brings up another question.

I have read with the i7 6700K that there is a turbo boost to 4.2ghz but not sure exactly what the is. Assuming it's a built in for the bios.

I will see what questions I get here, and then I can take those questions and ask the vendor. Keep em comin!

There are also so many vendors for the gtx1070 and that puzzles me too,.

Bob

Sorry;

But I never buy a prebuilt PCs. I always build my PC with a better products and prices. 

My%20Signature.jpg

Sorry;

But I never buy a prebuilt PCs. I always build my PC with a better products and prices. 

Hi, well that is one of my criteria here. What can you say about the quality of what is being offered in this system? I have not done this yet, but if I was to buy exactly what is being offered and build it myself, how much would I save? I don't believe I would save that much after looking at similar systems which are around $200 more than what is offered with this system.

Rick is the 6700 faster than your 4790?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy...it has all the right components and will suite XP just fine.

The combination of Intel, MSI, Asus and 16gb is a great combination and you still have room for another 16gb of ram if you wish to add more. 

Plenty of Vram on video card.

Power supply has plenty of juice to satisfy power requirements.

EDIT:

The only component that I would put a ??? is stock CPU cooler, maybe you can try and see if you can get watercooling solution for another $100.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I wouldn't hesitate to buy...it has all the right components and will suite XP just fine.

The combination of Intel, MSI, Asus and 16gb is a great combination and you still have room for another 16gb of ram if you wish to add more. 

Plenty of Vram on video card.

Power supply has plenty of juice to satisfy power requirements.

EDIT:

The only component that I would put a ??? is stock CPU cooler, maybe you can try and see if you can get watercooling solution for another $100.

http://www.maxxxcomputers.com/?product_cat=&post_type=product&s=1070+6700

I am staring at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th options. The 4th is what I linked first. A few differences. One has an SSD. Some use a Thermolake Cooler. One uses a different MB.

Just not sure.

Bob

I don't buy pre-built PC's either.  But, this is a pretty good price.  The 6700 is newer than my 4790 but look here and you can see that they run about the same:  http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K

I would agree that you may want to look into adding a better cooling solution and maybe an SSD.  I have the Corsair Hydro H100i.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

No need for watercooling if he won't overclock. And btw I prefer aircoolers: less noise, less prone to problems (leaking). Whenever I buy a new pc I check out watercooling but always end up with air coolers. A lot cheaper and just as good, if not better.

Other than that, it's a nice system for that money. I myself prefer SSD's though: it only has advantages (silent, faster, no defrag needed, they always feel as new). My current PC only has SSD's. Although I probably will get a huge HD for my new PC in case I go the Ortho4XP way. ;)

Thanks everyone. I thought it was a good price. I may ask this company what it would cost to get an SSD as non-boot. There is one out of the 3 I posted that does have and SSD, so I may go with that. Although it is not the fastest SSD I am told, it would be much faster than an HD. 

Right now I have a 2600k along with a gtx570. I am hoping that I will see a decent increase in performance.

Bob

Right now I have a 2600k along with a gtx570. I am hoping that I will see a decent increase in performance.

Bob

That increase should be more than decent, I think. ;) You sort of skipped an entire generation (if not more) of hardware so yes, you should definitely see a difference. And again, for quite a nice price too. I also build my own PC's but that's mainly because I hate the likes of Dell and HP in which it can be hell to upgrade even the simplest of things... This PC is not really a factory PC like Dell but a PC someone might have build himself.

(Obviously I don't know the company so I have no clue of the support is as good as their price. ;) )

And as I said, if you don't plan on overclocking that stock cooler is more than fine. Intel is clever enough to supply coolers that can handle stock (including turbo) performance... ;)

That increase should be more than decent, I think. ;) You sort of skipped an entire generation (if not more) of hardware so yes, you should definitely see a difference. And again, for quite a nice price too. I also build my own PC's but that's mainly because I hate the likes of Dell and HP in which it can be hell to upgrade even the simplest of things... This PC is not really a factory PC like Dell but a PC someone might have build himself.

(Obviously I don't know the company so I have no clue of the support is as good as their price. ;) )

And as I said, if you don't plan on overclocking that stock cooler is more than fine. Intel is clever enough to supply coolers that can handle stock (including turbo) performance... ;)

Thanks Jeroen, yes I waited. I am considering waiting until the next gen comes out which is supposed to be the 1st quarter of the year. Not sure how much that may drop the price of the 6700. Most likely not that much. I think 4.2 or so should be fast enough. I noticed with my 2600 that going from 3.8 to 4.4 did not do much really, so I think I will keep it at the turbo stock increase.

Bob

Seems like a reasonable price after looking at most vendors. Of course my hardware knowledge is very limited.

That indeed seems like a good price.  This is your list with a $25 Cooler Master hyper 212 evo air cooler but no case.  They say stock intel CPU cooler but it is my understanding that those don't ship with the 6700k.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f83Gbj

Ryan