Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Impressions/input/advice on this prebuilt system - price/quality/speed/value

That indeed seems like a good price.  This is your list with a $25 Cooler Master hyper 212 evo air cooler but no case.  They say stock intel CPU cooler but it is my understanding that those don't ship with the 6700k.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f83Gbj

Wow, Rick! Thanks Bud!  So it is a pretty good price and I don't have to put it together. I can always buy the Cooler Master seperate. Can't thank you enough for the time. 

Regards

Bob

1) "stock cooler" is precisely that... the cooler/fan that comes with the processor in it's box... not recommended at all if you will be gaming/raising temps..

2) The price is not "bad" but it's also no deal/bargain either... The most costly things of that build are the CPU itself, and the GFX card. Both are about $650. The rest of the stuff is pretty cheapo, so nothing to get excited about really...

Wow, Rick! Thanks Bud!  So it is a pretty good price and I don't have to put it together. I can always buy the Cooler Master seperate. Can't thank you enough for the time. 

Regards

Bob

How are you getting that it's a "good price"...? It's normal, meaning the same it costs on any other day everywhere, no deal at all...

Sure, you get the not having to put it together of course, if you lack that knowledge.

Also note neither that nor the pc parts picker includes an operating system...

• Upvote 1

1) "stock cooler" is precisely that... the cooler/fan that comes with the processor in it's box... not recommended at all if you will be gaming/raising temps..

2) The price is not "bad" but it's also no deal/bargain either... The most costly things of that build are the CPU itself, and the GFX card. Both are about $650. The rest of the stuff is pretty cheapo, so nothing to get excited about really...

How are you getting that it's a "good price"...? It's normal, meaning the same it costs on any other day everywhere, no deal at all...

Sure, you get the not having to put it together of course, if you lack that knowledge.

Hi Carlos, 

All their computers come with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.

Bob

I could put it together, but if something was faulty it would just be a pain in the butt. But, if they put it together, at least I know it was working when it was shipped.

Bob

Here is their warranty page:

BUYING A COMPUTER FROM US  

1. All computers are shipped FREE via USPS Priority Mail.(within the contintenal U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, international, shipping rates do apply)

2. All computers come with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.

3. Turnaround time on each build before shipping is 5 business days unless otherwise noted in listing.

4. All computers come with a standard 2 year warranty.  Extended Service Protection plans are available

5. All computers come with a free 6 month remote onsite support

6. We will price match any competitor’s ad, including ebay and amazon deals.   Ebay and amazon deals have to have been in existence for more then 72 hours, and be in stock.

N1G;

Sincerely; I don`t think you are getting a good deal on this:

Cheap parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hLjM4C

Same price if you buy it and build yourself. 

Here is what I think you should get it:

better parts on what I`ve been using and think it is good. Just about $200 more:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqQQcc

Not bad at all - The ripJaw is supposed to be mem. Not a bad deal. I will keep plugging away and comparing and thinking and then thinking some more (-:

Hmmm

Bob

I'd be ditching the motherboard, and getting a Z170 based board

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

"stock cooler" is precisely that... the cooler/fan that comes with the processor in it's box...

The 6700K doesn't come with a stock cooler in the box. Intel decided it would leave the choice of cooler for the "enthusiast" K processor to the buyer so as not to limit overclocking potential. Only the 6700 (non-K) version has a stock cooler.

N1G;

Sincerely; I don`t think you are getting a good deal on this:

Cheap parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hLjM4C

Same price if you buy it and build yourself. 

Here is what I think you should get it:

better parts on what I`ve been using and think it is good. Just about $200 more:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqQQcc

If you build the system in the first link, although the price seems the same for identical components, you don't get a "system" warranty with on-site repairs. Yes, each individual component has a warranty but if it goes wrong (or worse, doesn't even start when you've built it) you have to work out what's causing the problem and potentially accept downtime whilst parts are shipped and replaced. I always self-build but accept that I'm the on-site tech! Plus, you'd need to add the OS to that price.

For the second link, why limit the K processor with a motherboard that doesn't allow overclocking? Better to buy an i5-6600K and a Z170 motherboard if you have a limited budget. Also, you'd almost certainly need to add more storage as a 500GB SSD would fill up very quickly. Plus, again, you'd need to add the OS to that price.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The 6700K doesn't come with a stock cooler in the box. Intel decided it would leave the choice of cooler for the "enthusiast" K processor to the buyer so as not to limit overclocking potential. Only the 6700 (non-K) version has a stock cooler.

If you build the system in the first link, although the price seems the same for identical components, you don't get a "system" warranty with on-site repairs. Yes, each individual component has a warranty but if it goes wrong (or worse, doesn't even start when you've built it) you have to work out what's causing the problem and potentially accept downtime whilst parts are shipped and replaced. I always self-build but accept that I'm the on-site tech! Plus, you'd need to add the OS to that price.

For the second link, why limit the K processor with a motherboard that doesn't allow overclocking? Better to buy an i5-6600K and a Z170 motherboard if you have a limited budget. Also, you'd almost certainly need to add more storage as a 500GB SSD would fill up very quickly. Plus, again, you'd need to add the OS to that price.

Hi, thanks for the input. Very nice of you to take the time I appreciate it. I now have a post in the Hardware main forum in Avsim. I am wanting to keep my existing system, i.e. case and water cooler and replace the MOBO, CPU and VIDEO CARD. Maybe you could check out my link if you have time and see if you can help my on this. I would appreciate. Here is the link to the new post:  http://www.avsim.com/topic/499292-want-to-buy-new-mb-cpuvideo-card-and-ssd/

Ok, so I never said it did. I just explained to him what a stock cooler is...

Now if that's so, then either:

1) the seller is lying

2) he's throwing in a stock intel cooler purchased "on the side" or taken from another cpu

3) not a K?

In any case, as explained above there is nothing great about that "bargain" at all anyway, so I eluld steer clear...

Hi all, I am not going to 

Ok, so I never said it did. I just explained to him what a stock cooler is...

Now if that's so, then either:

1) the seller is lying
2) he's throwing in a stock intel cooler purchased "on the side" or taken from another cpu
3) not a K?

In any case, as explained above there is nothing great about that "bargain" at all anyway, so I eluld steer clear...

I have decide that I am not going to buy everything new. I will just replace the MB, Video and install a new SSD. I have another post concerning that here :

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499292-want-to-buy-new-mb-cpuvideo-card-and-ssd/

If you could help I would appreciate it. I have posted a number of questions.

Bob

I'd be ditching the motherboard, and getting a Z170 based board

Thanks Charlatan, that is exactly what I am going to do. Appreciate the input

Bob