Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

X-Plane 11 Justsim LOWI

Looks good to me. :smile:

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well guys been loving Robs videos for a long time and now enjoying his X-Plane videos - I dont chase FPS no need in X-Plane it just works great imo

I have butter smooth performance in XP11 - if I turn up hdr full well thats a different story so its one notch from the left - reflections one notch from left - AA varies but around the middle slider selection AA could be a tad better but not complaining which I usually do its pretty good - will be better in final version - have scenery objects down one notch from the right - scenery shadows on - texture quality one notch from right but after seeing Robs video i will crank that up

Now I am thinking my 32 gig of ram is a probably the reason I am getting very good performance - Rob has 16gig but up updating to 32gig

Another thing that I think is key is my cooling on my monster rig - I have a separate water loop for cpu and on for the gpu (Titan X) they never go above 35 degrees and this in my mind is huge keeping heat down does help

As for addons at the moment I have MisterX libraries and world libraries V3 form x-plane.org - Payware Justsim LOWI - xenviro funny thing is all the places I went the weather was accurate ans always had clouds but was clear at LOWI when shot taken - bad timing - have soundmaxx - Maxxfx but have to test that with xenviro as they say its not supported - headshake  - Mr. D NY airports and city - by the way saw no difference in performance using these addons - amazing - as for aircraft just the newly updated CRJ2 - going to pick up the IEXG 737 - heard good stuff about that one and it will be updated for XP11 - got my eyes on Airbus and some private jets when they are XP11 ready including new PBR materials

I havent loaded any great freeware airports yet something to look forward to

Ok all that said I am a kid in a candy store blown away by what I am seeing - tons of moving vehicles - AI aircraft that look awesome that actually do something all with out having to turn stuff down - life changing

WOW I was sitting on the runway and a train went by cant wait to see all the other goodies I dont know about 

One thing I dont understand is how scenery works in XP - sometimes I go to an airport and it says you dont have the scenery do you want to download it now - well I thought I had it all - I downloaded all the countries on the demo installer- guess you dont get it all - you have to happen upon an area that you dont have - which leads me to believe that helps the LM servers if your not using something why give it to you

Anyone enlighten me on the full version do you get all of the scenery you need in that package - its pain to do it this way

Thank you all for kind remarks  :wink: more cool stuff to come

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

The best thing about XP, for all it's flaws, is the amount of freeware. 

Aside from spending a little money on some add-on planes and a good cloud add-on (Skymyx-Pro, etc.), you can accomplish most other things without add ons. Headshake plugin is free. Weather plugins are free. Default scenery and night lighting is excellent (and of course free being default). High detail mesh is free. Ground services plugin is free. Thousands of very good freeware airports that are 10x better (and some even pay ware quality) than FSX/P3D default. I could go on and on. 

So those that may be new to XP11 but are scared of having to make a huge investment like they did in FSX/P3D, you really don't. It's just different than FSX/P3D in that regard. 

• Upvote 3

nice shot brO! 

• Upvote 1

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON

no words Rich! superior quality!

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

There is a good site just for X-plane Austria lot of scenery for it.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Aside from spending a little money on some add-on planes and a good cloud add-on (Skymyx-Pro, etc.), you can accomplish most other things without add ons. Headshake plugin is free. Weather plugins are free. Default scenery and night lighting is excellent (and of course free being default). High detail mesh is free. Ground services plugin is free. Thousands of very good freeware airports that are 10x better (and some even pay ware quality) than FSX/P3D default. I could go on and on. 

So those that may be new to XP11 but are scared of having to make a huge investment like they did in FSX/P3D, you really don't. It's just different than FSX/P3D in that regard. 

Exactly :wink: 

nice shot brO! 

no words Rich! superior quality!

Thanks Brothers more to come - thats for sure - this is the tip of the iceberg  :dance:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

+1

Reshade post processing?

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

The other "best thing" about X-Plane is it's lack of fragility. It's pretty rock solid and rarely crashes, mostly caused by bad or corrupted plugins or drivers, rather that the program itself.

Very easy to tweak. - more flying and less tweaking than FSX/P3D.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Reshade post processing?

No just xenviro a bit of sharpening 

The other "best thing" about X-Plane is it's lack of fragility. It's pretty rock solid and rarely crashes, mostly caused by bad or corrupted plugins or drivers, rather that the program itself.

Very easy to tweak. - more flying and less tweaking than FSX/P3D.

Plugins are very cool easy to install and delete 

Rich Sennett

you must try X-Plane - thats all I will say

Hi Rich,

funny you going through the same process! I absolutely enjoy X-Plane 11 (coming from P3D)

At the moment I fly the Aerobask Viperjet and enjoy the great GNS530 (I guess it's default) that even includes SID's. and keeps the flightplan after a direct-to.

I will get the FF757 or the IXEG 737 later.

For sceneries I downloaded most of MisterX's stuff, like KSFO, KBOS, etc. I really like KSBP, San Luis (in the library). I even had a flock of gulls there :wink:

Catstrator has a great video about NA airports, both free- and payware:

Regards, Perry

Hi Rich,

At the moment I fly the Aerobask Viperjet and enjoy the great GNS530 (I guess it's default) that even includes SID's. and keeps the flightplan after a direct-to.

Thanks Perry can you elaborate on gns530 ? how to access it and such - would appreciate it - glad your enjoying it - its very immersive and like how things just work - replay system - cars - ai aircraft - on and on   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Thanks Perry can you elaborate on gns530 ? how to access it and such - would appreciate it - glad your enjoying it - its very immersive and like how things just work - replay system - cars - ai aircraft - on and on   :wink:

Rich if you like diversity in trains, the below train extension will change train heads randomly but not the body... you can have a look!  To install you just drop it in custom scenery and  to uninstall you remove the file.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30492-trains-extension/

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM