Fellas. Got AS16 and think the graphics are excellent. However, I'm running into an issue while on approach. I'll frequently get these odd gusts, all the way down to the ground, that will push the PMDG 737 right significantly. To the point where I'm off set the runway about 30 degrees. Even full aileron deflection won't stop the gust from taking over. Happens in good weather and bad. Calm winds and hug. I have fsuipc and have sliders all down to 10 or lower and still nothing. Anyone else have this issue? Love the weather upgrades but kind of uselsss if it ruins the landing. Thanks.

Brad

Check the wake turbulence setting And check the manual to see what that setting does.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Jim,

I'd had wake turbulence issues in the past, so I have the slider all the way down to 5. And several times I've had the issue with no airplanes anywhere in sight.

Hi Jim,

I'd had wake turbulence issues in the past, so I have the slider all the way down to 5. And several times I've had the issue with no airplanes anywhere in sight.

Ok, one more thing to check. FSX has some built in thermals by some airports that can cause issues. I remember Phoenix has one and Geneva has one that are not overwritten by ASN or AS16 and would cause havoc every time I was approaching to land where one of these thermals was placed before the runway.

Go into the root FSX folder and find the Thermals.xml file and rename to Thermals.off and test to see if that fixes it.

Thanks Jim, will do. Though I suspect it may be another issue, as I get some form of this at virtually every airport. But I'm willing to give it a go!

Thanks Jim, will do. Though I suspect it may be another issue, as I get some form of this at virtually every airport. But I'm willing to give it a go!

Any news?

Any news?

There the kitchen sink at it and I'll I got to work was to disable turbulence effects altogether. Not ideal, but all things considered I'll have to live with it.

There the kitchen sink at it and I'll I got to work was to disable turbulence effects altogether. Not ideal, but all things considered I'll have to live with it.

I'd open a support ticket at the HiFiSim site and have them help you. You shouldn't have to live with it by turning of turbulence completely. I keep mine at 50% and have the Enchanced Turbulence or whatever that setting is called turned off and I don't have the issues you described, plus I have the turbulence.xml files in FSX turned off.