Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Atlas pressed into CRAF service

Here is my latest iFly 747 paint in P3d working a CRAF flight from KMEM to Bahrain, taking some troops over there.

Goggle CRAF fleet if you've never heard the term.  

C-5s on the ramp next to me, loading up all the gear the troops will need (Thought I saw one stuffing a Blackhawk down its gullet.)  :smile:

c8z6so.jpg

I'll be handling all their duffel bags and other personal luggage.

LQVYrz.jpg

Here's the last time our troops will have their feet on american soil until their deployment ends.  The stair trucks kindly provided by FedEx.

cAsYgB.jpg

The few trips I took to Bahrain when I was in the Navy were unfortunately on C5's, not a comfortable 747.  If you've ever flown on a C5. you'll know it is not a pleasant experience!  Pax sit just behind the wings on the upper deck, by the engines, with literally no insulation or noise attenuation foam like you have on a passenger plane.  They gave me an Army wool blanket and a set of ear plugs for the 14 hour flight.  No windows either. :blink:   Not a flight I care to ever take again.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Here is my latest iFly 747 paint in P3d working a CRAF flight from KMEM to Bahrain, taking some troops over there.

Goggle CRAF fleet if you've never heard the term.  

C-5s on the ramp next to me, loading up all the gear the troops will need (Thought I saw one stuffing a Blackhawk down its gullet.)  :smile:

c8z6so.jpg

I'll be handling all their duffel bags and other personal luggage.

LQVYrz.jpg

Here's the last time our troops will have their feet on american soil until their deployment ends.  The stair trucks kindly provided by FedEx.

cAsYgB.jpg

The few trips I took to Bahrain when I was in the Navy were unfortunately on C5's, not a comfortable 747.  If you've ever flown on a C5. you'll know it is not a pleasant experience!  Pax sit just behind the wings on the upper deck, by the engines, with literally no insulation or noise attenuation foam like you have on a passenger plane.  They gave me an Army wool blanket and a set of ear plugs for the 14 hour flight.  No windows either. :blink:   Not a flight I care to ever take again.

LOL....I got a very comfortable window seat on a Locheed Constellation MATS....love the paint on the Queen!

HLJAMES

A desert camouflage version of Atlas' paint scheme! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Good Stuff!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks guys!

Hey HL...you're dating yourself with that statement. :)  I'd love to get a ride on a Connie!

This one will be next out of my paint hangar after I release the Air Pacific I just finished.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg