Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

GSX refueling system ok with PMDG?

Hi, FSDreamteam has released the beta of the GSX update, that includes a system that actually refuels the airplane. Is that system compatible with the refueling of the PMDG 737/777 airplanes? Thanks.

James Goggi

Hi, FSDreamteam has released the beta of the GSX update, that includes a system that actually refuels the airplane. Is that system compatible with the refueling of the PMDG 737/777 airplanes? Thanks.

The PMDG Intro guide for all their planes states that fueling needs to be done via the PMDG interface not external ones, so I'd say no.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Are you sure it is actually refueling or only showing the fuel truck driving up to the correct location.

I understood from that beta release that you can enter different coordinates so that the fuel truck will connect their hoses at that point instead of the center of the aircraft... (so it is about visuals)

It's a simple case if GSX is just making some visual stuff, like for boarding/loading bagages which don't change anything in the actual aircraft then it should be no problem at all with PMDG.

If the GSX refueling ask you how much fuel to load and actually load fuel in the aircraft fuel tanks, then it's a no go, as it would not make use of the PMDG system for loading fuel. 

But I do believe it just makes a visual loading, and actually don't do anything more than this, as it would be very complicated to have something compatible with every possible addons otherwise.

Gsx can be set up to ignore the default fuel load menu. On the NGX it's set by default. The truck pulls up and connects, then you're prompted to use the pmdg fuel page to fill her up. GSX wants to know how much fuel you want so it can simulate a realistic refueling time.

So basically yes, it's compatible with pmdg as it is in a visual only mode. That's how I understand it.

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

I am also unsure on how the refuelling really goes (I fly FSL, PMDG, iFly and MJS), but I may give it a try.

Anyway here's the feature list taken from the FSDT forum (I hope Umberto doesn't mind). It looks quite impressive:

- the hoses constantly attached to the wing while the airplane is slowly going down because of the progressive weight increase
- there's a working fuel quantity gauge on the trailer, which you can see if you go close and it shows the actual tank, while it's being emptied
- there's a realistic numeric indication on the truck which show how many gallons are being pumped, in real time
- a progressive refueling simulation is being added to ALL airplanes, which is a feature that is normally only used in hi-end addons. And if you DO have one of these, it will play nicely with it
- the progressive refuel works at realistic speed, according to real world performance specifications of the truck pump
- the truck will do multiple trips, according to its own tank capacity, if needed, which is a feature that can be added to all other GSX vehicles too
- the visual quality is far above anything else in GSX, since the truck supports very high quality 4K textures

Very nice feature, just waiting for it, when it becomes official.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

To be clear - and from the posts above, it seems that it is not doing this, but...just to make sure - do not let anything other than our own interface change the weights or fuel in the aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

The PMDG Intro guide for all their planes states that fueling needs to be done via the PMDG interface not external ones, so I'd say no.

It's a resounding YES, instead! We explicitly designed the new Refueling  system to work in TWO different modes, in order not to interfere with custom fuel systems.

- "Active", used in default airplanes and 3rd party airplanes without a custom refueling system: in this mode, GSX will actually refill the airplane, in the proper way (first the wings, then the central tanks), basically adding a progressive refueling system to any airplane that didn't had it, using real world performances and capacity of pumps so, for example, the largest tanker can hold 10.000 gallons of fuel, and can refill at 1000 gallons per minute.

- "Passive", used in 3rd party airplanes that DO have their own Fuel simulations, like the PMDG 777 or the Aerosoft Airbus. In this mode, GSX will NOT touch anything in the Fuel levels, but it will react to what the airplane is doing so, the crew animation will attach the pump, and the system will wait for the airplane doing its own refueling, and will stop when it detects the airplane stopped to refill. And the fuel counter will be synchronized to that the airplane is pumping, but GSX won't dare to touch anything in the fuel system in this mode.

The setting that controls how GSX behaves with any given airplane, is the "Show Fuel and Cargo" checkbox in the GSX airplane configuration page. If it's Un-checked, it will work in "Passive" mode, so the plane will command everything and GSX will just react to it.

• Upvote 8

Thanks, Umberto, I asked just to be sure, but I know you are too smart to overlook such an important "limitation" for external refueling ;-)

James Goggi

Where can i get the update

Good question for the FSDT forum.  I assume that like all FSDT updates, it will notify you when an update is available.

Dan Downs KCRP