Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Dusk flight Japan UHD mesh XP11 / xEnviro

Poor sun phases aside, a really relaxing flight!

3V3on6y.jpg

b3XrscU.jpg

QYzkZsj.jpg

LyVDrEU.jpg

• Upvote 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I should like to see more of X11 at Asia or Africa. Seems rather good!

Finally some screenshots from Asia! Beautiful, we need more stuff for this region!

What cloud add-on are you using? Looks amazing!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I was always screaming Asia  / Africa and these two are now  pretty nice in XP11 including my country India. I am doing hiroshima orthos right now but sadly no night lighting or anything when you do orthos. All flat

There is a nice airfield for Borana Kenta @rdesign

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Humpty, are you using w2xplane Asia scenery from simheaven? I am using those with the custom orthos that I made and I get night lighting and autogen on top. Looks amazing.

BTW, last time I tried making orthophoto scenery for Asia, such as Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, the images were very bad quality, color was off, some tiles had clouds in them. I don't remember what I use for a source, but I don't think it matters, because if I can recall correctly, all of them were bad. Have this changed? How's the quality for the Asian region when making orthos?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Humpty, are you using w2xplane Asia scenery from simheaven? I am using those with the custom orthos that I made and I get night lighting and autogen on top. Looks amazing.

BTW, last time I tried making orthophoto scenery for Asia, such as Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, the images were very bad quality, color was off, some tiles had clouds in them. I don't remember what I use for a source, but I don't think it matters, because if I can recall correctly, all of them were bad. Have this changed? How's the quality for the Asian region when making orthos?

Hi,

The only OSM data i am using is for my country but only in a limited area.  Of course this is using W2XP generated .

"I am using those with the custom orthos that I made and I get night lighting and autogen on top. Looks amazing."  ?????????

There is no good source except google for Japan at least, but google blocks the download after around 300mb so i had to go with Bing and Bing's colors are Yes off. There is a Japanese maps source but does not seem to work.  Can't do anything about the clouds maybe you can do some editing ?

For India you can forget about Orhtos at least the South West areas not tried the northern areas yet.

Fantastic!!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

You're using a custom generated OSM that you use from the world2xplane application? Is there a tutorial on youtube or somewhere that shows you how to create your own OSM using world2xplane? I would like to try making some of my own custom OSM using this tool.

You're using a custom generated OSM that you use from the world2xplane application? Is there a tutorial on youtube or somewhere that shows you how to create your own OSM using world2xplane? I would like to try making some of my own custom OSM using this tool.

No tutorial that I know of , though i can tell you what to do.

usually i download from bbbike server and download it as a .pbf (this is what W2xp uses and the size is way smaller than .osm ).   

http://extract.bbbike.org/

Once you have the .pbf file then you just need to select it in W2XP and then say generate , depending on your system and the area size the generation time will vary. 

Is that Xenviro generated clouds in the shots ? if yes they look cool

Is that Xenviro generated clouds in the shots ? if yes they look cool

Yep!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Screenshots look good but the developper is working to improve the product as the release version had many bugs but in its current state it has lot of potential knowing xp's weather limitations, im using it for IFR flights and i did couple of tests and seems matching fairly the Metar but waiting for SMPV4 to see if performance, draw distance and the way it displays layers and cloud types is improved and matches metar. So as a VFR pilot SMP clouds are the best eye candy you could have but from an IFR pilot perspective x-enviro simulates pretty well the metar...but lets wait for SMPv4 to evaluate.

This is the road map development of xenviro http://www.xenviro.net/work.php

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM