Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Public Beta2 is almost here...

hjsmuc, on 07 Dec 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

As usual, some bugs eliminated (good) some new induced (at least for me). Anyone noticing the new vertical banding at dusk and dawn if using XEnviro?

the band @ dusk/dawn is due to the haze of Laminar which has a color in it, so the quickest fix for this is to go to your dataref editor (downloadable here if you dont have it http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/mediawiki/DataRefEditor) --> show art controls--> search for "dev" and change it from 1.5 to zero, this will kill the haze. In the day its ok. I already asked xenviro to give us a slider for this data ref to control it manually, they said they will hopefully. Note that Pre beta 2 x enviro were changing this value to zero because of the difference of the color between Laminar's haze and x enviro fog. I already spoke to them about it, in the day no issues though and you can edit this fog/std_deviation_cutoff=x" to any value you want in data ref editor, hoping x enviro will give us a slider soon.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

So each new beta the keyboard/joystick settings get deleted?  I don't recall it being like that from XP10 betas...

Anyway I lost all my settings.  ARGH  *remembers it's beta*

Is there a way to export/save them once I reprogram everything?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Don't feel bad. My X-65F joystick calibrates fine, but no plane recognizes it anymore with the new beta. 

So each new beta the keyboard/joystick settings get deleted?  I don't recall it being like that from XP10 betas...

From the Dev blog: 

"Wrong Joystick Configuration: Tyler has fixed a ton of bugs for this; we’re programming beta 2 to ignore beta 1’s joystick preferences; this forces everyone to recalibrate and ensures that the misconfigured prefs from beta 1 don’t stick around and cause further confusion and bug reports. Once we have stable joystick configuration, we won’t have to do this anymore."

• Upvote 3

Ben's notes on the new beta mentioned that they fixed the problems with multiple USB controllers getting assigned to the wrong things, and they wanted to zero everything out. That probably meant deleting the prefs file. So maybe this is the only time it will get reset. Then again, it's a beta...

Time to drag out my printed templates for my Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, with all the settings hand-written for each switch.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Ahhh.  Someone refresh my memory on where the joystick combos are saved?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Apparently the beta 2 needed a 2nd restart, because now, I have a  working joystick again.

Apparently the beta 2 needed a 2nd restart, because now, I have a  working joystick again.

Yep I had a rudder pedal issue... wasn't centering correctly.  Seems fixed now!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Joystick assignments are in:

X-Plane 11/Output/preferences/X-Plane.prf

I don't think it would be a good idea to back up this file and restore it during the Beta to preserve button assignments, because there's a ton of other stuff in there that may change with each patch. 

Oh ok.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yep I had a rudder pedal issue... wasn't centering correctly.  Seems fixed now!

Actually that was happening to me too, but the restart fixed it also.

How do I get rid of the dude that showed up in the captain's seat of the IXEG 737?  Let's get rid of the FO while were at it.  :)

And yes I know the IXEG isn't supported in the 11.  Seems to work fine though.

thanks

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Okay, now I want to know what this line means in the patch notes for the new Public Beta 2:

Bug fixes:

-XPD-6968 Winch line disconnects immediately due to astronomical tension.

Maybe they really are working on moon phases after all?

:P

• Upvote 1

Ground friction issue has been resolved!!!

You had me all excited there!!!  I even gasped and clutched my bodice!  Would love to see this fixed also, of course.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Ground friction issue has been resolved!!!

Just kidding...  :smile:  On the contrary now it seems even worse. Even with a 10kt crosswind, takeoff in the C172 is prohibitive, and after a lot of tire squealing, the tires blow up!

Well, the good thing is that since it's even worse than before, now Austin will be forced to improve it...

Ah!  I am so glad :-)

For a fraction of a second you got me.... I tought to myself - STUPID JOSÉ why did you uninstall XP11 yesterday ?! ( for the first time - and congratulations to those who matched  the "time to uninstall" in their forecasts! )    

Then relief sensation occupied back my mind... Please wake me up if they ever fix this, and the Moon and daylight, which means adding FULL DATE to the date when setting it...

And just to make sure I'm not being biased... it's the same fate I  gave Aerofly FS 2... Back to combat :-)

No Moon, no proper daylight, no sim....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...