Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Public Beta2 is almost here...

Ahhh.  Someone refresh my memory on where the joystick combos are saved?

Joystick assignments are in:

X-Plane 11/Output/preferences/X-Plane.prf

I don't think it would be a good idea to back up this file and restore it during the Beta to preserve button assignments, because there's a ton of other stuff in there that may change with each patch. 

Actually they have moved them as of the latest beta 2.  They are now in X-Plane 11/Output/preferences/X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf

Perhaps now that they are separate we won't lose our settings if something in the normal preferences file has to change. One can hope :)

I wonder if the ground friction problems noted in the beta 2 have more to do with what device/axis is controlling steering on the ground. It seems like if the axis calibration is even slightly off, it requires no effort to blow a tire.

I wonder if the ground friction problems noted in the beta 2 have more to do with what device/axis is controlling steering on the ground. It seems like if the axis calibration is even slightly off, it requires no effort to blow a tire.

Ben Supnik says:

Skid sounds may be better in beta 2 – Austin messed with the tire physics. Try beta 2, then discuss with Austin!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Its not even Beta, its Public Beta.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Lost the Saitek Quadrant Axis.... The buttons work - but the Saitek Throttle Quadrant  axis ( Throttle, Prop and Mixture),  do not respond in the VC..

Lost the Saitek Quadrant Axis.... The buttons work - but the Saitek Throttle Quadrant  axis ( Throttle, Prop and Mixture),  do not respond in the VC..

Are you getting a message in the lower right corner of the screen that says your throttle is assigned to multiple axis? I had to go though and find the other places the throttle was assigned.

NAX669.png

Hi you could try to fix by editing X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf in the *:\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences

folder

I fix my Pro Flight ch yoke HAT switch not working with x camera

Hi you could try to fix by editing X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf in the *:\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences

folder

I fix my Pro Flight ch yoke HAT switch not working with x camera

Bewildered now .... I can see a PICS Rules File ..... but .......I can't open it - so - next?

Bewildered now .... I can see a PICS Rules File ..... but .......I can't open it - so - next?

First of all what version of beta are you using

Rich Sennett

Are you getting a message in the lower right corner of the screen that says your throttle is assigned to multiple axis? I had to go though and find the other places the throttle was assigned.

No messages, calibrated the saitek throttle quadrant within xp (as instructed), all axis recognised but not responding in the VC.

First of all what version of beta are you using

Hi Rich. I am on the full paid-for version. I know and accept that it we are all going to have problems ... just puzzled about the Saitek Throttle.

No messages, calibrated the saitek throttle quadrant within xp (as instructed), all axis recognised but not responding in the VC.

Hi Rich. I am on the full paid-for version. I know and accept that it we are all going to have problems ... just puzzled about the Saitek Throttle.

Which version the first beta or second one from yesterday  ? thanks - I also had the same problem with the first version - second version was a bit easier to figure out

Rich Sennett

Tried beta 2 and calibrating my joystick and pedals two times. Plane is still banking to the right and there is a slight left force on the yaw too. Controls looks fine in the options tho. Is there the old "center devices on this position" control somewhere?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Tried beta 2 and calibrating my joystick and pedals two times. Plane is still banking to the right and there is a slight left force on the yaw too. Controls looks fine in the options tho. Is there the old "center devices on this position" control somewhere?

Go to yoke sensitivity settings bottom left and move your yoke that axis is the one you will tweak  -  slide the settings bar to the right until you get it right may have to go into sim few times to find what works for you

Rich Sennett

It's not a matter of sensitivity. It's about the controls not being centered

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."