Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Public Beta2 is almost here...

how well does xplane11 handle multicore cpu? Does it also benefit from HT? In fsx/p3d performance is limited to one core which always gets maxed out.

I think it does benefit from a multicore , but i really don't like the way XP changes the window when a resolution is changed

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

how well does xplane11 handle multicore cpu? Does it also benefit from HT? In fsx/p3d performance is limited to one core which always gets maxed out.

It uses all your cores

XP 11

full.png

XP 10

full.png

Edited by Glenn_C
  • Upvote 1

So the XP11 mesh also seems to work in XP10, what I did was copy the Maun (Botswana)  tiles and there was a good difference in the landclass but some fps hit

SO i copied the whole XP11 mesh to XP10 , had some library errors and with Tony's info copied those libraries , it works but fps is down which is due to the Mesh. Till XP11 is optimized

So, tinker more with both XP10 and XP11 and got my screen flashing problem sorted (seems it was a bad driver revision I installed).

Curious, being away from X-Plane for a while and focusing on P3D, but now a week into tweaking and enjoying both XP10/11, what framerates are you guys typically seeing or shooting for?

I honestly am not seeing a huge swing in all low settings versus higher settings.  25-35fps seem to be about the best I can get with decent settings, but even when going super low, it's not really much higher.  Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

This would be say at SeaTac like in the demo (although I'm running fuill versions of both 10&11).

I've got a custom built i7 6700K/16GB RAM/AMD 390X 8GB GPU.

Thanks for any input or thoughts!  Very impressed with the final version of XP10 after giving it another try, and hopeful for 11 as well.

What I remember had experienced in my XP11 tests was that pushing the "number of flight models per frame" to the right didn't have at least as much impact as it had in XP10.

Either they've optimized it, or the slider was still doing nothing on the version I tested  ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Curious, being away from X-Plane for a while and focusing on P3D, but now a week into tweaking and enjoying both XP10/11, what framerates are you guys typically seeing or shooting for?

My rig is i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 Gig RAM, GTX 970 running a 1920x1200 single monitor (X-Plane usually in a slightly smaller than full res window, so I can tab back and forth to the Plan-G flight planner or a web browser). Threaded optimization is off in the Nvidia control panel. I have that stupid all-in-one graphics slider set to "High HDR" in the sim, and I'm using fairly low cloud settings (scattered).

With that setup, I'm getting 40-45 fps in XP11 over urban areas with lots of buildings, much faster over water or above a cloud deck where there isn't much to render. 

If I was running a 4k res monitor or multiple screens, I would get lower frame rates (obviously), which is why I'm sticking to a 1920x1200 monitor for now. This is also a sweet spot for playing AAA games and combat flight sims. One day I'll get a larger monitor, but it will have to come with a much beefier graphics card because I like fast frame rates.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Got home a couple of hrs back , fired up XP11 (NO DCS for today ) , went 2day datarefs and shutoff CSM and not using any clouds and happy that i am getting 16-18 fps my laptop in Kodiak and even at Lugano. So just waiting for LR to optimize and should get better I guess. 

I kept HDR / Objects = High /  Reflections = minimum / Textures to Medium (Because only 1GB VRAM) .  I Ok without those shadows for now, even in XP10 I have them off,  I have threaded optimization to ON and I think it is performing better.

The default 172 is pretty cool.

I haven't tried my meshes in XP11 as yet will do tomorrow i guess.