Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

Download XP addons in batch?

I just bought the XP11 and is keen to dress it up. I'm downloading the airports suggested by Mario (http://www.avsim.com/topic/499079-new-to-xp-11-and-looking-for-beautiful-destinations/) and I have already hit the 20 files limit at x-plane.org for today. I have to do the rest tomorrow. 

Just curious whether there are resources that bundle popular freeware airports/sceneries together into a package so we can download all at once? BT download would be fine. 

Also, is it true that XP doesn't contain many of the small airports in the world so it is a good idea to download this "Prefab scenery for 25000 airports"? http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27582-prefab-scenery-for-25000-airports-with-exclusions/

One more thing, what does "Gateway Airport" mean? Are those the airports that are of higher quality in XP?

Thanks for the any helps here. I'm a new convert to XP11 from P3D/FSX.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

No there are no bundles or batch downloads; that would be hard to implement because downloads are hosted at various places, not just the .org forum.

Gateway airports are X-Plane's default airports. Here we have to differentiate between 2D (airport layout only) and 3D (with buildings). X-Plane has a 2D version of most airports, even tiny ones. 3D versions are only available if someone has submitted one to the gateway; each default airport with buildings was created by an user, not by Laminar. Quality differs, some are really great, given the fact they can only use objects from the standard library.

"Real" good custom airports like those in my list are often more realistic than gateway airports, but on the other hand there are also "bad" or very old custom airports where the gateway version is better.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

There is a single installer for the various libraries that you'll need...I think I have twenty libraries in my custom scenery folder but I downloaded them all separately before I discovered the installer!

Ryan

Thanks a lot, Mario! Really appreciate your list. 

If you have time it'll be great that you could make some additional lists for other kind of "must have" addons like libraries etc. It really helps people like me who knows next to nothing about XP11 to get start somewhere. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

If you have time it'll be great that you could make some additional lists for other kind of "must have" addons like libraries etc. It really helps people like me who knows next to nothing about XP11 to get start somewhere.

Indeed I plan to include some more information, but at the moment I need to finalize vFlyteAir's next aircraft (Cherokee 140 with Aspen displays)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I was actually wondering the same.. almost like a nexus mod manager type utility would be a dream.. especially for those addons/mods that require 4 or 5 different "libraries" or subsets.. but its not hard to understand why its not been done to date.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: