Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Turn Threaded Optimization Off & it goes back to Auto

When I turn Threaded Optimization Off in the Nvidia control panel and click apply and then go back in the panel later and it reverts back to Auto.  How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

That setting sticks on my Nvidia control panel.

Make sure you click the "Apply" button at the bottom after making the change, and wait a few seconds before closing the dialog. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

When I turn Threaded Optimization Off in the Nvidia control panel and click apply and then go back in the panel later and it reverts back to Auto.  How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Not my idea found on another site

Uninstall

your Nvidia driver with Display Driver Uninstaller v

17.0.3.1 it will clean everything

Then reinstall Nvidia driver without Geforge

Experience and 3D vision

After that your settings will be kept

Rich Sennett

Thanks guys.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the tip. Tried the uninstaller/reinstall idea but did not work for me. Cannot even display my NVidia Control Panel.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Thanks for the tip. Tried the uninstaller/reinstall idea but did not work for me. Cannot even display my NVidia Control Panel.

Download the driver from Nvidia. Do a Custom installation. The only compoents you need are the video drivers and may be the physX if you play other games that use that.  Check off "Perform a clean installation". See if that works !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

You can also try to turn it off from your global settings in control panel, what we mostly do is turn it off from the app xplane11.exe control panel which if set to auto will pick up glibal settings. Could be this.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

You can also try to turn it off from your global settings in control panel, what we mostly do is turn it off from the app xplane11.exe control panel which if set to auto will pick up glibal settings. Could be this.

Yes go to "Manage 3D settings" then tinker with "Global Settings" then tinker with "Program Settings" where you "select a program to customize:", then look for "X-Plane". Hope that helps.

Yes go to "Manage 3D settings" then tinker with "Global Settings" then tinker with "Program Settings" where you "select a program to customize:", then look for "X-Plane". Hope that helps.

Capture4_1.png

Capture3_1.png

Eric Escobar

Download the driver from Nvidia. Do a Custom installation. The only compoents you need are the video drivers and may be the physX if you play other games that use that.  Check off "Perform a clean installation". See if that works !

Yep, done all that. Many times over time, in fact. Does not work.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Did all the above and it sill goes back to Auto.

Howard

Click "apply" and then then exit Nvidia Panel, then reboot XPX.

Eric Escobar