Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

XPX & xEnviro: Challenger 300 into LOWI

Guest Mik75

I took the plunge today, and bought xEnviro.

The roadmap has the missing cloud shadows on top priority, and with all the videos and pics I´ve seen so far, I just had to give it a try!

And on my first full flight with it, I had several "wow" moments!

Sure, it has its problems, like the sharp edges around the mountains and hills (sometimes even flickering), some halo effects at dusk and dawn, moving clouds if you fly near them, but nothing is really a show stopper in my opinion.

I haven´t tweaked anything with the dataref editor, and they really nailed the sky colors, the atmospheric scattering, the haze and the cloud colors (on this early December afternoon). Visibilty is also very realistic, and not seeing cumulus clouds all the time was a highly enjoyable experience!

Performance was ok, maybe a little worse than default or SMP (I´ll update my 2GB GTX670 by the very end of the year), but still well above 28 most of the time.

Flying through the thick layer of OC at the departure airport, right into the blue, has been one of these "wow" moments for sure. You really get a sense of speed when flying in and through the clouds!

I´ll do a quick video anytime soon, for now, here are a few shots of this very enjoyable flight:

deqqxg8brhdn846oa.jpg

deqqxnv7szlkvg2bu.jpg

deqqxv9ludmuxjykq.jpg

deqqy48gtxmfi8s7e.jpg

deqqybi6uw62cnbnu.jpg

deqqynk0bbnuod2oa.jpg

deqqz34hv6dz7j7be.jpg

deqqzaj6iwmv0euoa.jpg

deqqzhdq15u53ga8a.jpg

deqqznct1tlzwf0zu.jpg

deqqzug62ie4h8oga.jpg

deqr07n2j3ga1wc7e.jpg

deqr0mhnqybxu29je.jpg

deqr0vjpa0h2bsuyy.jpg

deqr12qulz8bxvyru.jpg

deqr1d7o28zclt422.jpg

deqr1km4y547jf9vu.jpg

deqr1t1zcmnrm3ufe.jpg

deqr22d00082zqpje.jpg

deqr2hwdqsbc67y6i.jpg

Thank you for the nice impressions. Great shots. This XEnviro has potential for sure. The aircraft is great, I just keep struggling to keep it straight, the AP is behaving erratically, but this may well be the fault of the pilot. 

PS: Where do you host your screenshots, the sharpness is impressive?

Hans

Super shots Sir I think I will wait for this one to be updated with new materials - great shots

Thank you for the nice impressions. Great shots. This XEnviro has potential for sure. The aircraft is great, I just keep struggling to keep it straight, the AP is behaving erratically, but this may well be the fault of the pilot. 

PS: Where do you host your screenshots, the sharpness is impressive?

I you right mouse click on image and hit inspect that may help you Hans  666kb.com maybe

Rich Sennett

Thought you were going tactical into the valley ha!

Awesome shots - I love that jet - can't wait for him to update it with the 11 FMS.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Mik75

Thanks guys!

The pics are resized in Win Paint and uploaded with 666kb.com.

Yeah, the DDEN Challenger 300 is one of my alltime favorites!

Just a few more shots that show something, I´ve never encountered in any flight sim platform like that before!

Flying into a storm front over an overcast layer, and out of it again...

deqs6qqv4wmf32pxm.jpg

deqs6zmyvbf5f93uy.jpg

deqs777i5ilahdwi2.jpg

deqs7hl5wp6xplioa.jpg

deqs7v74me78z6nd6.jpg

deqs841zkfdiy1vbe.jpg

deqs8apzymbkukzii.jpg

Thought you were going tactical into the valley ha!

Awesome shots - I love that jet - can't wait for him to update it with the 11 FMS.

Ryan, use it with the XFMC, works like a charm!

Challenger very nice kit....great looking screenshots!

HLJAMES

Ryan, what's 11 FMS?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I´ve never encountered in any flight sim platform like that before!

You are right, the stormfront looks very impressive. Great to have now competition in the weather addons business :-). Seems that 2016 is the year of x-planes "awakening".

This can only get better...

Kind regards

Tom

• Upvote 3

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Amazing shot of that storm front.

I really like its atmospherics as well, I've always wanted a program that would tweak the atmospherics based on a more scientific approach to respond to changing atmospherics / time of day, and that's what they've done!

From their development map it looks like they're aware of feedback and working to address issues.

And other things not mentioned in the roadmap like god rays are coming in the v1 cycle as well:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Guest Mik75

Yes, all in all I'd say, this program gives me a very good and convincing weather experience!

Also, the all in one approach is very comfortable! I haven't done a XPX flight without the use of the dataref editor in ages, but xEnviro really nails the atmospheric effects and the colouring!

I am pretty confident, that this plugin will become a benchmark in terms of XP weather.

A good weather add on representing the metar fairly with nice sky colors, i like xenviro regardless the issues which hopefully will be fixed., It  simulates IFR weather conditions fairly with realistic draw distances. Thanks for sharing Mik!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM