Sign in to follow this  
anubhavs

State of the Union Concerning X-Plane?

Two questions for the PMDG team -

(1) In light of the XP11 Beta release and the warm reception to it by the majority of flightsimmers, does the PMDG team have any plans of porting over their more popular models such as the NGX/777 over to X-plane? Not looking for an ETA, just whether this is is even a consideration..

(2) Was the DC-6 X-plane experiment successful enough for you to commit further to the X-plane platform in the future?

Needless to say, I am one of the recent converts from FSX/P3D to X-Plane 11. I think PMDG has incredible power here to literally shape the future of X-plane by bringing over their more popular (NGX/777/747?) models over, and I for one hope they do take that step. IMO, their engagement with X-Plane can accelerate the platform's maturity, user base, commercial prospects, attract other developers etc. Just get the sense we are at a tipping point for X-Plane..

• Upvote 8

I do not speak for PMDG; however, they have announced plans for X-Plane that included NGX and 777 as well as the DC-6 in FSX and P3D. They were pretty clear that they intend to support all three platforms. Nothing has changed to my knowledge.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I do not speak for PMDG; however, they have announced plans for X-Plane that included NGX and 777 as well as the DC-6 in FSX and P3D. They were pretty clear that they intend to support all three platforms. Nothing has changed to my knowledge.

What a way to tease.  I can just imagine if either the NGX or the 777 showed up in X-Plane, it would be a mass exodus.  Austin would have to buy more servers. lol

• Upvote 3

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hope theres a discount for P3D version owners  :wink:

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

I am still not sold on XP11, it is definitely getting better with each version, but I still feel that ORBX does a better job with textures, there is still no seasons in XP (to my knowledge). I am really happy with P3D at the moment, not knocking out XP at all, just saying, I am not sure there would be a mass exodus Rich :)

Also, FSL indicated no plans to support XP, but yes, I believe PMDG porting their product to XP will bring in more people to the XP world.

• Upvote 1

Hope theres a discount for P3D version owners  :wink:

As cool as that would be I wouldn't count on it, they have never done anything like that in the past.

777 showed up in X-Plane, it would be a mass exodus

Highly unlikely there will be a mass exodus ... IXEG 737 didn't trigger one, PMDG DC-6 didn't trigger one ... heck still plenty of people hanging onto FS9.  XP11 is definitely a big improvement and I'd expect to see a larger user base in the future, but from experience "mass exodus" just never happens in the flight sim world.

With that said, I'd love to see a PMDG 777 in XP11 and whatever future product comes out of LM/P3D.  Don't really need another 737.

Cheers, Rob.

As cool as that would be I wouldn't count on it, they have never done anything like that in the past.

Great point and never will either

Highly unlikely there will be a mass exodus ... IXEG 737 didn't trigger one, PMDG DC-6 didn't trigger one ... heck still plenty of people hanging onto FS9.  XP11 is definitely a big improvement and I'd expect to see a larger user base in the future, but from experience 

Interesting points Rob

Rich Sennett

I can just imagine if either the NGX or the 777 showed up in X-Plane, it would be a mass exodus.

I haven't used XP11(yet), but I think it's going to take a lot more than PMDG's presence for a "mass exodus".  If it would even be possible to cause one at all.  XP still has a lot more to go in other areas too(weather being my biggest one) in order for it to cause people to leave the ESP platform.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I haven't used XP11(yet), but I think it's going to take a lot more than PMDG's presence for a "mass exodus".  If it would even be possible to cause one at all.  XP still has a lot more to go in other areas too(weather being my biggest one) in order for it to cause people to leave the ESP platform.

Then why are we all buying REX and Hifsim weather products same is done with X-Plane - 3rd party developers take care of it 

• Upvote 4

Rich Sennett

Always one comedian in the group.

Hi my long loss best friend lol I try to make it light around here lol - hope all is well Mark

Rich Sennett

Then why are we all buying REX and Hifsim weather products same is done with X-Plane - 3rd party developers take care of it 

Exactly.  But, until it's done for XP, I will stay with P3D.  From what I have gathered so far, there is no 3rd party that can duplicate or surpass AS16 in XP.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Exactly.  But, until it's done for XP, I will stay with P3D.  From what I have gathered so far, there is no 3rd party that can duplicate or surpass AS16 in XP.

Not yet but hoping xenviro can pull it off at some point - cloud scapes are stunning nothing I have ever seen before - look real - luv my eye candy over wind any day 

Rich Sennett