Sign in to follow this  
anubhavs

State of the Union Concerning X-Plane?

We are well aware that Xplane11 is nearing completion- and we will evaluate it's fitness for handling our airliner conversions once we have some resources freed up from converting the DC-6 to FSX/P3D, and the 747-400 out the hangar door as a finished release...

Smart guy you are Robert - looking forward to this - wise decision if you do so - thanks for the honesty

Rich Sennett

I have been a PMDG proud and happy customer for many years both in FSX and P3D and now I diverted to 64bits route with no regrets at all but one, PMDG planes.

I will just have a wish for PMDG and XPlane :  Boeing 787

Pros :

1) No competitors in Xplane for 787

2) QW are out of the games in FSX/P3D with their arcade never ending story 787

3) No competitors in XP for modern liners ( apart the weak A350 Pro from FF ) 

4) You can reuse some the already known new and recent PMDG technology

5) You are already sure about the overall quality and its success among simmers

6) XP is now an open field where talented producers may invest and earn lot of money, if they deliver

Versus

1) Time to develop and release, nowdays the market flows fast, 6-7 men working year is the maximum time in the relationship between profit and expenses

My 2 cents  :Whistle:

... heck still plenty of people hanging onto FS9
Perhaps because those folks don't want to folk out thousands in PC upgrade?  All the eye candies kill performance.  ORBX murdered my modest system (i7-2700K oc+ GTX980) and PMDG stuffs are only in the low twenty frames.  Barely enough for a smooth flight.  XP-11 seems to be finally deliver on some promises, so I will wait and see.  Right now, I asking myself if I should throw more money at this hobby pit  :Devil:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020