Sign in to follow this  
MarioB

GPU disconnect

Hi folks,

Just stating to explore the world of MCE. I cannot seem to find a command to ask the ground crew to disconnect the GPU. How is is done?

Hi folks,

Just stating to explore the world of MCE. I cannot seem to find a command to ask the ground crew to disconnect the GPU. How is is done?

"Ground from flight deck"....await reply.

"Mechanic disconnect GPU"

"Mechanic disconnect ground power unit"

"Mechanic remove ground power"

Reply will be something like "The ground power unit is being removed".

This also works the other way around. You can request GPU to be connected.:-)

or similar combinations work for me. Since MCE can work out what we want from various phrases, we don't have to word perfect parrot fashion.

Depending upon which aircraft you are flying, if supported, you can then ask FO/PNF to "switch off ground power".

Regards

David

Thanks David, I will try these lines this weekend.

I am able to connect, but not disconnect. The GPU remains running and attached. The sentences work but there's no action on the disconnect part. The MCDU also shows it is still running. Using the Majestic Q400.

Ah! The MCDU has to be on... so it can use it to connect/disconnect the GPU... got it. It won't connect/disconnect if you are already in a Cold & Dark setting, which is my original script on the Q400.

Ah! The MCDU has to be on... so it can use it to connect/disconnect the GPU... got it. It won't connect/disconnect if you are already in a Cold & Dark setting, which is my original script on the Q400.

Yes sir!

MCDU must be up, MCE cleverly selects "services" from MCDU menu and disconnects GPU from there.

Similar to the way MCE dials the radio frequencies, provided you have the ARCDU's set to receive from the FMC, they get tuned!

Happy simming!

David.