Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Lear 35 not following the routeline

Hi Gary,

Thanks !!!

Yeah - IIRC on some of the airliners it actually commands a go around via the autopilot ?

Sounds pretty useful as is on the Lear - I'll start using it...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have similar tracking problems using FSX Steam and the GTN750.

If you look at the Flight1 GTN Forum they appear to acknowledge the problem and say that they are working on a fix.

It took a while for Flight1 to believe that it was a problem that manipulating the processor core usage couldn't solve.

For some folk simply changing the GTN750 core usage in GTN set up seems to help or try minimising the GTN750 screen data.

You may be lucky

've had a look at the LUA's, but I can somewhat not get in line with that program. I don't know, it's just not mine. That's not the LAU's fault though, but purely me not liking the interface - lol.

Emi,

The idea of the scripts is simply to be able to use a key or button instead of a mouse click -- there is no other interface. Once the scripts are in the modules folder, you use FSUIPC to assign a key or controller button to each script you want to use -- that is a one time process. So, for example, you could decide to use some of the keys at the top of your keyboard to activate AP functions: F1 for HDG, F2 for NAV, ....., etc. Then pushing the F1 key is the same as clicking on the HDG button in the VC, and simulates pushing the HDG button in the real a/c. Using the mouse will also still work. Any subset of the scripts can be used, so some rarely used functions, like the AP SFT button, are probably not worth devoting a key or button too. 

Using keys or controller buttons instead of the mouse is a matter of convenience ( a small button can be hard to click on when you are busy or the a/c is bouncing around -- e.g., the steering button between the seats or the spoilers switch), and personal preference -- I still use the mouse for some things even though I have the associated scripts available. One challenge, at least at my age, is remembering what key or controller button is assigned to what script!  :smile:  Some use labels to help with this.

The only script in addition to Scott's list above is

Lear35Air_IgnSw  - Toggles the Air Ignition Switches On and Off.

Al

I see, we meant different scripts.

The one I was refering to was available somewhere in this forums which included files for LINDA, which were also refered to as LUA files in the topic.

They apparently missed the Yaw Damper and some others I would have liked which seem to be in Ai's list though!

Those Al describs indeed sound interesting. I'll drop you a PM!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I see, we meant different scripts.

The one I was refering to was available somewhere in this forums which included files for LINDA, which were also refered to as LUA files in the topic.

Yes, LINDA is an interface tool that provides an alternate approach for making use of Lua scripts.

Al

Hi Al,

As long as we're discussing your scripts - that original batch you sent me had like four scripts for each function - some were called "debug" and such - do I need all these scripts or just the one I am pointing to in FSUIPC ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 

Hi Al,

As long as we're discussing your scripts - that original batch you sent me had like four scripts for each function - some were called "debug" and such - do I need all these scripts or just the one I am pointing to in FSUIPC ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott 

Hi Scott,

Not quite.  For each script FSUIPC makes a number of functions associated with that script available. For example, if we had the script called ScriptName.Lua in the modules folder, FSUIPC allows you to assign a key (or button) using Lua ScriptName from the control drop down list. This is the FSUIPC Lua script Run function -- the key you select will run (activate) the script called ScriptName. FSUIPC also allows you to assign a key using LuaKill Scriptname. This is the FSUIPC Lua script Kill function. The key selected in this case would kill (stop) the ScriptName script if it was running. Similarly, there are FSUIPC functions like LuaClear ScriptName, LuaSet ScriptName, LuaDebug ScriptName (to enter the debug mode), etc. I suppose it would have been clearer if FSUIPC used  LuaRun, instead of just Lua, as the script run function, but it is what it is.  The FSUIPC documentation has more details if you are interested.

The only FSUIPC Lua script function you want to use with the L35 scripts is the run function, e.g.,  Lua L35AP_ALTSEL_Btn.  In fact, I have to be careful when making key or button assignments not to mistakenly use one of the other functions like LuaKill L35AP_ALTSEL_Btn -- that doesn't work!

So, getting back to your original statement, there are not "like four scripts for each function", but rather FSUIPC makes available multiple functions for each script.  :smile:

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Best,

Al

Hi Al,

Oh - missed this - thanks so much - it does indeed - appreciate the detailed response...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott