Sign in to follow this  
shazam

XP10 Copy/Install Issue Ubuntu 16.04

I'm running X-Plane 10 on a fairly serious desktop I built up..i7-6700K, 16G RAM, etc.  I want to use a laptop I have for a networked instructors station...Lenovo T500, 4G RAM, P8600 @2.4GHz x 2, GM45 Express chipset.

Thinking to save time, I just copied the XPX directory from the desktop to the laptop, thinking that, with the marvelous ability Linux has to adapt to hardware, it should/might work (probably showing my ignorance here).

Starting XP10 produces the following to the screen and halts... "There was a problem processing a glsl pixel shader.  You may need to re-run the installer or update your graphics drivers.  resources/shaders/terrain_vert_glsl.  resources/shaders/terrain_flag_glsl."

I ran the re-ran the installer, which ran thru the gazillion files and finished normally.  No change ^^.  It appears I'm running the latest video chipset drivers.

So, my question is, did I create my own problem by doing the cut-and-paste?...or is it likely a new install from the DVDs will produce the same error?...or is it something else I haven't even thought of?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and counsel!

Jim

You should delete the preferences folder and have a up to date graphics driver installed. Proprietary Nvidia? To run with opensource drivers check the x-plane.org forum. Also have a look at synaptic package manager.

I also have a integrated Intel Graphics, which I've never bothered to use. Now, for some reasons, I'll have a look if it can run at all X-Plane 11. For that I'll quickly install Clearlinux from Intel in a free partition. Might report back if that's otherways a complete, usable distro.

Thanks, CyberMike! Just an update... I deleted the preferences folder, and the graphics driver was the latest Intel offers (that I could find, anyway). There was nothing applicable offered in package manager. No joy at that point.

Bit the bullet and did a complete install off the DVD's, and let the XP site update the install....identical issue continued.

At that point, gave up and used a different PC for the instructors station for now.

It would sill be great to find a solution. Thanks!

Jim